FANDOM

m (Removing redlinks.)
m (Removing redlinks.)

Line 4: Line 4:

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

Template:Wikipedia-deleted is missing [[w:c:starter:Template:Wikipedia-deleted|from Starter]], but [[Template:Wikipedia-deleted/doc]] is [[w:c:starter:Template:Wikipedia-deleted/doc|on Starter]]. This is rather incongruous, and I can't think of a reason for [[w:c:templates:Template:Wikipedia-deleted|Template:Wikipedia-deleted]] not to be on [[w:c:starter]]. Lots of pages are deleted off Wikipedia, especially fiction related, which many wikia sites are all about (indeed deletion discussions sometimes say transwiki things to some Wikia fan site, to which some say that it's already there for some articles)
+
Template:Wikipedia-deleted is missing [[w:c:starter:Template:Wikipedia-deleted|from Starter]], but Template:Wikipedia-deleted/doc is [[w:c:starter:Template:Wikipedia-deleted/doc|on Starter]]. This is rather incongruous, and I can't think of a reason for [[w:c:templates:Template:Wikipedia-deleted|Template:Wikipedia-deleted]] not to be on [[w:c:starter]]. Lots of pages are deleted off Wikipedia, especially fiction related, which many wikia sites are all about (indeed deletion discussions sometimes say transwiki things to some Wikia fan site, to which some say that it's already there for some articles)

So... either the documentation page should be deleted, or the template should be reinstated. It leaves a rather weird template wanted link on special pages reports for wanted templates.

So... either the documentation page should be deleted, or the template should be reinstated. It leaves a rather weird template wanted link on special pages reports for wanted templates.

Latest revision as of 22:47, May 30, 2016

Forums: Index Support Requests Template:Wikipedia-deleted
FANDOM's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

50px-Replacement filing cabinet.svg

Note: This topic has been unedited for 1502 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Template:Wikipedia-deleted is missing from Starter, but Template:Wikipedia-deleted/doc is on Starter. This is rather incongruous, and I can't think of a reason for Template:Wikipedia-deleted not to be on w:c:starter. Lots of pages are deleted off Wikipedia, especially fiction related, which many wikia sites are all about (indeed deletion discussions sometimes say transwiki things to some Wikia fan site, to which some say that it's already there for some articles)

ForestMonthZero 08:24, November 19, 2011 (UTC)

I don't really see any wiki actually using that template ever since I joined. As a wiki dedicated to educate those who is starting a wiki of their own, I would suggest restoring the template. Whether or not they use it is not up to the Starter wiki; the main purpose of Starter, if I'm reading this correctly, is to educate users on how to manage wikis for the first time. — subtank (7alk) 12:03, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
starter.wikia contains the pages which are then used on all new wikis. Angela deleted it there because it wasn't being used, and as such didn't need to be on every new wiki created. ajr 15:48, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
If so, then delete the documentation page. — subtank (7alk) 16:24, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
If the template is deleted, then it will be less used. That template is meant to be an attribution tag to content made by other users outside Wikia. I think Wikia should encourage the use of those templates instead of deleting them. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 16:40, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
Per Ciencia. -- Bullet Francisco My Talk264 Edits Email Me 18:17, November 19, 2011 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.