Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 8: Line 8:

:Article comments (but not including blog comments) use namespace 1 by design, the same namespace used by Talk: pages. If you set up your Special:RecentChanges to filter out Talk: namespace edits, you will also be filtering out article comments. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|22:29 UTC|Monday|10 September 2012}}

:Article comments (but not including blog comments) use namespace 1 by design, the same namespace used by Talk: pages. If you set up your Special:RecentChanges to filter out Talk: namespace edits, you will also be filtering out article comments. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|22:29 UTC|Monday|10 September 2012}}

::Is there any way at all so I can filter out article comments in one wiki, but retail talk pages of mainspace articles in another wiki? All that I see in the article comments in one wiki is pointless chit-chat, but if I filter those out, then I'd miss talk page edits in the other wiki, which contain actual discussion about how to improve articles in question. Maybe a custom script or something like that? [[User:Omnibender|Omnibender]] - [[User talk:Omnibender|Talk]] - [[Special:Contributions/Omnibender|Contributions]] 22:34, September 10, 2012 (UTC)
+
::Is there any way at all so I can filter out article comments in one wiki, but retain talk pages of mainspace articles in another wiki? All that I see in the article comments in one wiki is pointless chit-chat, but if I filter those out, then I'd miss talk page edits in the other wiki, which contain actual discussion about how to improve articles in question. Maybe a custom script or something like that? [[User:Omnibender|Omnibender]] - [[User talk:Omnibender|Talk]] - [[Special:Contributions/Omnibender|Contributions]] 22:34, September 10, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 22:35, 10 September 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Talk page and article comments
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4238 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

How exactly are they seen by the new namespace filter in the recent changes? In the wikis I edit the most, one has article comments enabled and one hasn't. Article comments generally replace the talk page, but I want to be able to filter out the article comments in one wiki, without also filtering out talk page edits in the other wiki, which is what I believe would happen, since those options are stored globally instead of a per-wiki basis. Is this possible? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:59, September 10, 2012 (UTC)

Article comments (but not including blog comments) use namespace 1 by design, the same namespace used by Talk: pages. If you set up your Special:RecentChanges to filter out Talk: namespace edits, you will also be filtering out article comments. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 22:29 UTC, Monday, 10 September 2012
Is there any way at all so I can filter out article comments in one wiki, but retain talk pages of mainspace articles in another wiki? All that I see in the article comments in one wiki is pointless chit-chat, but if I filter those out, then I'd miss talk page edits in the other wiki, which contain actual discussion about how to improve articles in question. Maybe a custom script or something like that? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:34, September 10, 2012 (UTC)