Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Submit button glitch
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5046 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

So, I edit a page, and I click the "Save Page" button. (I call it the submit button) Anyway, I clicked it, and it acted like I clicked the "Preview" button. I clicked the right button 5 times and then it finally saved the page! It seemed this was happening before, but I was guessing I just clicked the wrong button, but now I know for sure this is messed up. Bwog 12:53, June 25, 2010 (UTC)

This happens to me too. I am not sure what is causing it though. May be worth to Contact Wikia about it. User:Solar Dragon/Signature.css 13:12, June 25, 2010 (UTC)

You may have a setting in your prefrences that shows you a preview of the page on an edit when you click save page. You can turn this of in your preferences. Gplate1.GIF 15:33, June 25, 2010 (UTC)

Appears to be a glitch as happening to me at times today. At first I also thought I had hit preview by mistake but after clicking save several times it eventually saves. - BulldozerD11 17:24, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hmm, what browser are you using? --Pcj (TC) 17:25, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
I'm currently on Firefox 3.6.3 - BulldozerD11 17:30, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
Firefox again. The latest one. Come to think of it, it has only happened since the latest update. User:Solar Dragon/Signature.css 17:41, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
Are you getting logged out randomly too? Sometimes I randomly get logged out and it does a preview instead of submit. --Pcj (TC) 17:43, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
The problem is a lost of session data, that usually happen when you are working in two or more articles simultaneously. If you begin to edit two articles, and hit the save button the first would probably be saved, but the second would return to the preview page saying that there was a session data lost. The same happens when reverting changes or deleting pages. I sent an email to Wikia about this and they replied saying they're working on it. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 18:11, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
Happens to me, aswell. I also use FireFox. Iamred1 Talk this way. 18:30, June 25, 2010 (UTC)

@Ciencia Al Poder, Sometimes happens when I am only editing one page though. User:Solar Dragon/Signature.css 18:49, June 25, 2010 (UTC)

This happened to me a few times today, and surprisingly, I am using firefox aswell. There seems to be something causing this issue for firefox users. I am sure Wikia Staff are looking into it, and the issue will be fixed soon. Seahorseruler (Talk Page) (Contribs) 22:28, June 25, 2010 (UTC)