This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Terraria wikia admins Gracey91 and Mathmagician were banned by admin HeroGaming as shown here. Since this is an admin vs admin fight with ban cards already in play, we can't resolve the issue internally. (The banned admins aren't even allowed to edit their own talk pages.)
The incident began with a vote against HeroGaming's monopoly over all video content posted on the Terraria wiki. (He calls himself marketing and video admin, bans everyone who dares post videos. He went as far as asking another admin to set up an automated rule that enforces this "policy". Luckily, the admin refused.) After the voting reached 4 in favor and 0 against, HeroGaming posted an oppose vote then decided to deleted the page instead. Luckily, I have it archived: /archived vote
HeroGaming claims to be in contact with the Terraria developers, and also wikia staff member Tae Kim, who wants to hire him as a video intern for wikia. But HeroGaming is just a kid...
Now I will list a few controversial edits by HeroGaming:
-  Laughing at the expense of former staff member ausir.
- User_blog:HeroGaming/Admin_rights Those are some tyrannical rules!
- Forum:Terraria_Wiki_and_Videos Burned and salted remains of the discussion about him that he deleted. I archived it at /archived vote
- Blanking. After I sent him a friendly reminder that his cleanup of all evidence against him was not complete, he promptly removed the call to vote section from the main page and thanked me. Update: (My friendly reminder was just blanked. I updated the link to point to the correct revision history entry instead.) 3ICE 22:25, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Wall of text that he left on Mathmagician's talk page after he banned him.
- Some more blankings.
-  The goodbye note he left for Gracey91.
-  Part 2.
- HeroGaming still doesn't know how to use the wiki, after 7000 edits. He doesn't use section headlines, and his spelling is awful. He is not admin material.
3ICE 22:05, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- A banned admin can unban him/herself. You should create a forum or a blog post about whether or not the bad admin in question should keep his/her rights, and cite it in a message to Special:Contact. Staff will deal with it as soon as possible.
- That would simplify things. But HeroGaming removed their admin rights before banning them.
- I would rather the admins Gracey91 or Mathmagician contacted staff themselves when they wake up tomorrow. I am a merely a regular user who observed this power game play out. Thanks for the swift response, 3ICE 22:13, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
From the bcrat of the terraria.wikia
- The user who made this edit hasn't ever made an edit on the wiki this big. It might be bigger than all of their edits combined.
- The admin who was banned quit the wiki a week or so earlier and when quitting vandalized the entire testing wiki that we have by deleting all of the pages.
- He came back only to start trouble.
- Also quoting rules from another wiki I have started that has nothing to do with the terraria wiki is irrelevant.
- We have had issues with video in the past and users fighting over and over posting video after video taking others down to re-post their own. (All admins before being promoted are informed that i handle the video and if a video is submitted to me on a topic for an article it can surely be posted. I have outlined what the requirements are.This is so only people who care about the wiki, promote the wiki, and aren't just here to grab views get their content posted. I have posted content for many other youtubers who have met the standards: oydessygamez, mayatutors, and hbvids1.
- The admin also before leaving said I should promote another user which i did then he started deleting pages just to cause problems.
- Then he decided to come back no apology just started to edit again so i said ok fine he has calmed down.
- He then started reverting my edits posting polls about video which had already been decided and having the few people who i had promoted on his recommendation and having them vote and spam pages saying that i shouldn't do the videos anymore.
- this admin was also using a bot to make edits then started a new account with a bot because he had said something like it wasn't allowed so their edit count is higher than normal due to botting.
- I have sent thousands of people from youtube to the wiki. that is how we got it to the number one spot in google over the official wiki. i have made thousands of edits none of which were with bots.
- I work with the terraria developers on game balance and upcoming patches.
- The problems we had with video had gotten so out of control we were going to remove video from the wiki and have it be a text based wiki. the last bcrat was so fed up that was his final decision. I offered to make clear cut videos for the wiki and send traffic back to the wiki from my existing channel to help us grow.
- So instead of removing video all together I have brought thousands and thousands of people to edit to the wiki by promoting either at the end of my videos or in the description of my video the wiki.
- I am a youtube partner so i am able to give out wiki very nice video thumbnails that highlight the topic and aren't just random ugly screenshot thumbnails.
- When users submit videos I select the best video for the article. all the youtubers I listed above have submitted videos at one time or another and had them posted on the wiki.
- When we talked about this before these guys became admins we came to the understanding that someone had to manage the videos or every single person who has a youtube channel would just constantly remove videos to post their own for benefit. I had a large audience so I could send people back to the wiki to help it grow. so now we either use a video I have created or if their is a better video it is submitted and I post it. this is because of rampant vandalism by youtubers who want their vids to be scene.
- I didn't blank any pages I removed stuff that had been decided long since before any of these guys came to the wiki.
Here is the bottom line the wiki has a brcrat for a reason its for raising up admins and when they quit promoting new ones. these admins decided to cause touble that was unnecessary quit and then come back just to either gain power or to cause problems. I was very saddened by the situation, BUT the bottom line is I will take care of the wiki I will get good admins who aren't fighting over personal vendettas.
I will take care of the wiki and I will find more good admins and in there absence i will watch the edit history like a hawk and be on the wiki making sure it runs well and isn't vandalized.
This message is also a key of there character a user on the wiki had been like he says "giving me hell" becasue the users that I banned were going behind my back messaging people
le telling them horrible lies about me just so they could gain cntrol on the wiki and make me out to be a bad person. i hope this starts to clear things up. they wanted power on the wiki so the are trying to do everything possible to make me look horrible and have taken to contacting people outside of youtube to slander me just so they can put things to a rigged "vote". sory but this is not going to happen or work and thanks to dzylon on the wiki for coming clean and showin that their is really more going on than just hero deciding to ban someone. i have no doubt that the same guy who started this topic has also had outside off wiki meetings all just because 1 guy wanted to manipluate others to get power.
Here is his youtube message im sure he will deny
HeroGaming 23:08, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Dear HeroGaming,
- That said, bad faith edits can be dealt with manually or with requesting help from the spam task force. (report here)
- I would also recommend not to tamper with other people's their posts especially if it is about your own behaviour on another wiki. That is extra sensitive in such cases.
- @Pim i didnt tamper with his edit i am responding which he told me to do on my talk page.HeroGaming 23:25, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Dear HeroGaming,
- I did see you remove part of weblinks (can see that in history), which was ok, because those weblinks where broken anyways, but it is tampering with other person's posts. No big issue, yust a warning to try and warn you from a potential issue you may face.
- Greetings, staff. I would like to point out the fact that Hero did not use my message in context. If you would kindly visit his talk page you might see my further reply to the message he left me. Dzylon 23:36, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- To confirm, he actually did change the poll I referenced in my message, which may be found here. Fortunately, if you check the second to newest edit, made by (now blocked) admin Gracey19, you will see the actual poll's outcome. Dzylon 23:43, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
Please note that Community Central is not for settling disputes from other wikis. You can continue this conversation on your wiki. If you would like to bring staff into the discussion, you can send a message to them via Special:Contact, and they will respond as soon as possible. Do also note that since it's the weekend, staff aren't in the office, so the earliest you'll hear back is Monday.
- This is the only neutral place where they can't ban each other. Currently, both Gracey91 and Mathmagician are banned with no ability to have their own say in the matter on the terraria wiki. It would be a pretty one sided conversation over there. Block Log. Banned people can't talk. And HeroGaming has most people convinced that Gracey91 is a schemer, so an unban is not likely to go through. Especially since the terraria wiki is now down to only 2 active admins, and one of them is HeroGaming himself. 3ICE 02:18, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks you 3ICE your support means a lot, I have notified staff and I'll leave them to deal with it.
06:49, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- 3ICE you have more contributions to this argument than the wiki. your just a troublemaker. these guys will never be unbanned because everything i posted is true. What they have done and were trying to do is wrong. I have put forth full proof on my talk page on the wiki outlining their full character and people have came forward admitting to the talking off the wiki to rig voting. we had a vote without their rigged settings. guess what? it was a landslide. now go make more fake accounts for your voting on some other wiki, because your scams wont fly here. Ive done 50x as much for the wiki as both of them combined. and i will continue to in the future. Benifit to the wiki isnt measured in edits done by your bot. its done by how many people you bring and keep on the wiki. i have brought thousands and thousands. here's the poll you lost and tomorrow i will be putting your permanent banning to a vote as well. I wanna point out your the ones who wanted to start with the voting you should have thought a second about that one. I have sent thousands upon thousands of people to the wiki. there is no way you would ever win a legitimate vote.
- Thanks you 3ICE your support means a lot, I have notified staff and I'll leave them to deal with it.
http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki:Community_Portal now go make fake accounts so you can make your fake votes. and have fun trying to tell everyone ive used the wiki for fundraising when you cant show one single edit with me doing that because it never happened. i cant believe you guys. your off the wiki forever and it will be voted on tomorrow and it will be the end of all this. scammers cheaters, and liars are something we dont need on the wiki. you are just power mad kids who cant take being told no one time so you pulled this.--HeroGaming 07:44, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I only have this one account. If you accuse me of sockpuppeting, please provide links to the other accounts you suspect are mine. Such accusations are supposed to be reported in private and directly to staff.
- I have 7 edits here (soon to be 8), but 76 over at the Terraria wiki. Review my contributions. I have a total of 6 edits that are related to this discussion and half of that (3) are just notifications I left on the involved parties' talk pages. There are 70 other edits you overlooked. Don't ignore 92% of my edits.
- I am no troublemaker, but I am not afraid to speak up when I see injustice. You are a tyrant and I intend to help stop that by raising awareness.
- Your contributions are tiny, unprofessional edits and you only have 2800 of them. It often takes you multiple edits to get one change right.
- You usually expend 3 edits to add one video or get the spacing right.
- But I have seen an awful attempt that took you 23 edits in a row on the main page just to add a banner. You did that on 2012 January 18, over a period of 10 hours, between 13:09 and 23:51.
- The worst two of the 23 are:
- Also, look at your 4, most, recent, edits. It should have taken just one.
- On the other hand, Gracey91 is at 8000, while Mathmagician is at 1500 edits. Their contributions combined, 9500 is over 3 times yours. Not "50x", and certainly not in the other way (in your favor) as you so eagerly claim.
- You are right of course, edit count means nothing. But from what I have seen so far, they contribute quality, as opposed to your incompetent, stat padding edits. They are the ones who create useful templates and know how the mediawiki software works. You don't seem to care; you still don't use the preview feature today, and you refuse to pay any attention to your spell checker, if you even have one.
- You got me mixed up with Dzylon, he is the one who accused you on your talk page of taking that $1700 from some wiki fundraiser. I have not known about this issue until I've read his message. And after reading your counter argument, I don't believe you are guilty as charged.
- The power lust has gone to your head, not theirs. Look at all the rage that radiates from your writing style both here and over at the terraria wiki. You even threatened to ban me... for standing up to you?
- You have a big following on youtube, and a small fan base on the wiki. But you can't beg them to vote for you forever. However young they may be, eventually they will realize that they are being used.
- I can't help that notice that this new vote you just created suddenly gained 700 total votes in half a day, as opposed to the previous vote that garnered a measly 40 votes in an entire month. Suspicious? I think so.
- Please note that I don't have a bot either. If I had one, I would follow due process and register it as one and mark all its edits as a bot edit. And I'd use it under a new account, 3ICEbot.
- I have not started the vote you claim was rigged, but I did vote in it against your tyranny as soon as I saw the call for action on the main page. And you were oh so very quick to remove it after I notified you. (Which I still believe was the right thing to do.)
- 3ICE 16:02, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- True? When I was an admin I was blocked but I cannot seem to unblock myself. But I managed to get him to unblock me and I used my bureaucrat rights and granted back my administrator rights —Sam Wang 09:03, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Please lock this discussion. --16:21, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
@3ICE What are you talking about nothing in those messages was directed at you exept for the part where i said you have done more in this argument than you have on the wiki. That's all... also you are wrong on every point. That poll was not up for an entire month it was hidden away out of view for 2 days. you'll see I will be front paging the pole to end this. Never once did I threaten to ban you. You may be pretty uninformed about the situation and be a total troublemaker but you have done all that on this wiki which has nothing to do with the wiki i run. feel free to stir up lies and hate speach about someone who has brought thousands of people to the wiki, but as long as your not spamming it on the terraria wiki then i couldn't care less they were banned for real reasons. surely you must have read some of the messages and seen people coming forward about them contacting people off wikia trying to rig a voting? or maybe how they are lying to people and saying i did a fundraiser for $1700 dollars using the wiki? All of that is untrue and i told Gracey months ago that someone on my livestream donated money to me and it was $1500.00 which had absolutley nothing to do with the wiki. they heard i was saving money for a plane ticket to japan and they donated it to me so i could go... You dont have enough edits to have a bot. this had nothing to do with you....--HeroGaming 16:40, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Herogaming's administrator and buerecrat rights should be revoked and his monopoly over the video's should be destroyed, for it is taking away other user's rights. Prillin101 20:12, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Well we put it to a vote ont the wiki. on the front page. http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki both admins will remain banned because they lost by close to a thousand votes and i will continue to run the video portion of a wiki because thats what we built a video wiki and i won that vote by close to 2,000 votes. you guys are immature if you thought you would win any voting. i built the wiki i have sent htousnads upon thousands of people to the wiki. you lost the wiki voted. thats the way the wiki works we voted and you have been removed.--HeroGaming 22:54, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- The only person who is being immature here is you.
- I don't see the point of talking about your questionable methods on a wiki which you currently administrate, because you would no doubt delete the page as soon as you saw it. I feel much safer here, where we can meet as equals.
- You contradicted yourself up there. First you wield your hammer of tyranny, but now you say wikis are ran by voting? Your democracy is an illusion. (Then again, most of the time democracies are illusions so there is no notable difference here.)
- Such polls are nothing more than popularity contests and you correctly identified your advantageous position; Nobody stands a chance against you on the terraria wiki, as long as you have the blind support of nearly 2000 people. But 2000 is a relatively small number when compared to the total number of users.
- The decision on who gets to ban who is ultimately up to staff now. They have been contacted by Gracey91 as seen here. No amount of votes can save you from the ruling of people above you in the chain of command. Good luck! 3ICE 23:44, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, Herogamer, your despotism lays in the hands of the Wikia Staff. For you a sure tobe demoted, that vote was rigged to, you have not a democracy on that wiki. Prillin101 01:02, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- How silly would it be to rig a vote when I know wiki staff will be checking... The vote was real and the issue is closed and Handled on the wiki.--HeroGaming 03:09, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- No i said there would be no rigged voting, which is what they tried to do. People have come forward and the truth is in the light. Your still blindly following the facts that you formed your opinion on 2 days ago. Maybe you even formed them sooner since you were contacted outside of the wiki im sure. Any who I'm fine with voting but when its on the front page and not when you hide it in the community portal so no one can know about it exept the people who have rigged the voting and log into your fake accounts that have you spamming the comments of articles telling people to go vote against me. I put it right on the front page. the conflict was handled on the wiki, not off. This issue is obviously closed and the few people still holding on to this are the few people who are still holding on to the lies they were told by those former admins. The final thing to note is that you have still done more in this argument than you have done on the whole wiki....... great job...--HeroGaming 02:13, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
The issues has been Voted on and here is the blog post summarizing the outcome and goals for the future of the wiki.http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:HeroGaming/The_community_has_voted.--HeroGaming 03:09, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Speaking for both sides here:
- Just because there was a community vote, it does not mean this issue is over with, as said before it is in the hands of Wikia staff. Every one has a different side of this story, while ahead stop commenting because it will just make things worse. To users who haven't posted on this forum already don't drag yourself into it.
- Riley Huntley|Talk & Contributions 04:04, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
Let's vote here. The old fashioned way. NOW!
Support revoking HeroGaming's rights and blocking him from Wikia forever
- Wow. -- 13:15, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
Oppose revoking HeroGaming's rights (please supply your defense against HeroGaming)
More comments below
If you remove this I will revert it. --13:15, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
yea sorry hiding voting off the wiki where the mass of people cant see isnt how things work on our wiki. Thats how untrustworthy people set up votes. of course starting a vote in a place meant for complaining about someone is unfair. This is not where i vote would be held nor will it be. The vote already happened issue has been settled on our wiki already. The have been asked to leave by thousands and for me to stay by thousands. Good day--HeroGaming 15:48, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
They also lost the video admin vote 2x http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki:Community_Portal I just thought the wording was a little to biased so I redid it. I made the wording straight forward saying would you like hero yes no. do you want these admins to remain yes no. Biased wording polls didn't seem fair to me that's why I redid the poll and because it wasn't on the front page not everyone knew about it. So I thought that also wasn't fair. These are the reasons why we did it a 2nd time. So the lost the video admin vote 2x as well as they lost the community vote on whether or not they would like them to stay on the wiki.--HeroGaming 16:30, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Dear HeroGaming,
- I think you have lost out of sight where this matter is actually about.
- Your attitude towards people who simply want to contribute to a wiki is, in my perspective, pretty negative. I have not been on the Terraria wiki to contribute, but you do show yourself off as if you own that wiki. That you are the monarch who runs the place and does not want anyone to oppose him.
- You are dedicated to the game, for sure. It however is a game. Same goes for the wiki. The wiki is a source of information. Not your personal playground or monarchy.
- I have added staff needed because it may get staff to look into this matter sooner.
- For the part about Youtube i would like you to reference to a single case i know about Youtube partners. One of the best scoring persons on Youtube for about 16 months in row has been TwisterNederland. He has had 10 months in row of number 1 spot in most subscribers that month, most views worldwide in his genre. At january 4th he was permabanned and all his video's (worth more then 750 million views+) removed from Youtube. Spoke with him today. He has not recieved a single warning beforehand nor explenation since then. So do not rely too much on Youtube regarding their 'partnership'.
Wow, staff needed indeed. I've left a message for HeroGaming asking to talk about this in chat. Let's hold on this discussion until I've heard more directly please. Thanks -- sannse (help forum | blog) 21:11, January 30, 2012 (UTC)