Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
m (Removing redlinks.)
Tag: apiedit

(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:

<source lang="css">

<source lang="css">
<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>[[Mid-year Wild Ones Award|Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.]]</b></div>
+
<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.</b></div>

<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; right: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>Click [[http://wildones.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat|here]] to chat!</b></div>

<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; right: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>Click [[http://wildones.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat|here]] to chat!</b></div>
Line 16: Line 16:

{{User:Wildoneshelper/Sig}} 01:39, July 6, 2012 (UTC)

{{User:Wildoneshelper/Sig}} 01:39, July 6, 2012 (UTC)

:<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>[[Mid-year Wild Ones Award|Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.]]</b></div>
+
:<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.</b></div>

+

:I added that code to this page, and the boxes seem to show up fine (top left and right). If you're trying to add that to the site CSS, though, it won't work. {{User:Dzylon/SigReal|02:39:07|July 06, 2012}}

:I added that code to this page, and the boxes seem to show up fine (top left and right). If you're trying to add that to the site CSS, though, it won't work. {{User:Dzylon/SigReal|02:39:07|July 06, 2012}}

Line 26: Line 27:

::I'm not sure if this will work, but try this:

::I'm not sure if this will work, but try this:
  +

<div style="margin-left:48px"><source lang="jQuery">

<div style="margin-left:48px"><source lang="jQuery">

$(document).ready(function() {

Line 34: Line 36:

::It won't work! {{User:Wildoneshelper/Sig}} 07:11, July 7, 2012 (UTC)

::It won't work! {{User:Wildoneshelper/Sig}} 07:11, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::Wildoneshelper: Please link to the wiki where you're editing on so that we can investigate further. Also, please tell us what browser you're using (Firefox? Internet Explorer? Chrome?) and what computer you're using (Mac? PC? Mobile device?) and which operating system you're using (Mac OS? Windows 7?) so that we can better assist you.
  +
  +
:::I have verified that both Dzylon and Sam's code are 100% functional. If it's not working, it's either because 1) you're not putting the code in the right place, 2) your browser/computer/etc. or 3) some other stuff happening on your wiki. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|07:41 UTC|Sat|07 July 2012}}
  +
  +
:::I've put it in Wikia.css and still doesn't show up and I'm using Google Chrome and IE 8 and none of them show up. Will have to re-do it later. {{User:Wildoneshelper/Sig}} 05:19, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::::I see why it won't work, is because if you are trying my code you need to put it in MediaWiki:Common.js as it is a JavaScript file. Also, if you want to add it in MediaWiki:Wikia.css, the code I wrote previously won't work, try this code (it might not work although):
  +
<div style="margin-left:96px"><source lang="CSS">
  +
body { position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray; font-weight:bold; content: "<a href="/wiki/Mid-year_Wild_Ones_Award">Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.</a>"; }
  +
body { position: fixed; top: 15px; right: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray; font-weight: bold; content: "Click <a href="http://wildones.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat">here</a> to chat!"; }</source></div>
  +
[[User:Sam Wang|Sam Wang]] ([[{{ns:3}}:Sam Wang|talk]]) 12:51, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::::It worked, thanks! {{User:Wildoneshelper/Sig}} 12:59, July 8, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 14:49, 20 May 2016

Forums: Index Support Requests Something is not showing...
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2882 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Help! Our another bureaucrat added these codes:

<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.</b></div>

and nothing shows up! Is there something wrong with these codes?

Wildoneshelper  talk  edits  01:39, July 6, 2012 (UTC)

Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.
Click [[1]] to chat!
I added that code to this page, and the boxes seem to show up fine (top left and right). If you're trying to add that to the site CSS, though, it won't work.
How can I apply to the whole site?

Wildoneshelper  talk  edits  10:06, July 6, 2012 (UTC)

I'm not sure if this will work, but try this:
    $('#WikiaArticle').append('<div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b><a href="/wiki/Mid-year Wild Ones Award" title="Mid-year Wild Ones Award">Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.</a></b></div><div style="position: fixed; top: 15px; right: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray;"><b>Click <a href="/wiki/Special:Chat">here</a> to chat!</b></div>');
});

Sam Wang (talk) 12:34, July 6, 2012 (UTC)

It won't work! Wildoneshelper  talk  edits  07:11, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
Wildoneshelper: Please link to the wiki where you're editing on so that we can investigate further. Also, please tell us what browser you're using (Firefox? Internet Explorer? Chrome?) and what computer you're using (Mac? PC? Mobile device?) and which operating system you're using (Mac OS? Windows 7?) so that we can better assist you.
I have verified that both Dzylon and Sam's code are 100% functional. If it's not working, it's either because 1) you're not putting the code in the right place, 2) your browser/computer/etc. or 3) some other stuff happening on your wiki. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 07:41 UTC, Sat, 07 July 2012
I've put it in Wikia.css and still doesn't show up and I'm using Google Chrome and IE 8 and none of them show up. Will have to re-do it later. Wildoneshelper  talk  edits  05:19, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
I see why it won't work, is because if you are trying my code you need to put it in MediaWiki:Common.js as it is a JavaScript file. Also, if you want to add it in MediaWiki:Wikia.css, the code I wrote previously won't work, try this code (it might not work although):
body { position: fixed; top: 15px; left: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray; font-weight:bold; content: "<a href="/wiki/Mid-year_Wild_Ones_Award">Vote for best stuff released this mid-year.</a>"; }
body { position: fixed; top: 15px; right: 50px; padding: 3px; background: black; border: 1px solid gray; font-weight: bold; content: "Click <a href="http://wildones.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat">here</a> to chat!"; }

Sam Wang (talk) 12:51, July 8, 2012 (UTC)

It worked, thanks! Wildoneshelper  talk  edits  12:59, July 8, 2012 (UTC)