This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
So I want to have the "Slate" skin for the Tosh.0 Wiki but it won't change out of the blue and white skin. Any suggestions? --JFH2009 05:03, January 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Special:Preferences on the wiki to change it. As I said, it's a NewWikiBuilder bug that's causing you problems. Joey (talk) 06:28, January 29, 2010 (UTC)
I tried that but it only changed my screen when I'm under preferences. The rest of the site is still the same. JFH2009 12:23, January 29, 2010 (UTC)
- It's at the bottom of the skin prefs windows that you can choose a skin for a wiki. The others UI element above that only change your way of to see the wiki. — TulipVorlax 15:24, January 29, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, here's what I've tried. I go to Special:Preferences, click on skins, scroll down to "Admin Options", then where it says "Set the default theme for this wiki:" I select "slate" from the bar next to it, and click save. The screen changes to slate, then I go back to the home page and it's still under monaco. --JFH2009 14:25, January 30, 2010 (UTC)
- You mean, "Sapphire".
- All of them are a Monaco skin. When you select "Slate" it's just a variant of Monaco.
- I would recomend selecting the skin that you really want, then leave it there.
- If you still see another skin when you go to another page, maybe it's cache by your browser ? Have you tried CTRL+F5 or SHIFT+F5 (it depends on the browser) ?
- It could also be like Joeyaa said that there's is currently a problem that will be resolved. — TulipVorlax 21:55, January 30, 2010 (UTC)
You're right about it being Sapphire, but it still didn't work when I tried top change it. It won't change to Slate even when I reload the page. JFH2009 02:25, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. --JFH2009 05:58, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Same problem here. It only started happening an hour or so ago for me. Was using the Monobook before, now it's stuck in Sapphire. --Koveras Alvane 14:45, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Me too. Last night I was happily using monobook on Wookieepedia, then this morning I find that Monaco is being very persistent. I check my preferences (which still says monobook) and hit save, which appears to apply the change, then I go to a wiki page and Monaco is back. Refreshing the cache doesn't fix it either. - Esjs(Talk) 14:55, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
Some wikis appear to be going to the default blue and white (like central is), as my Tractors.wikia which is normaly the brown & yellow one went blue earlier today and another one i had been to yesterday had also changed colour to default. - BulldozerD11 15:13, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Ya, that's unrelated to the above, but it is being looked in to as well. Joey (talk) 15:15, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Looks like mine was fixed, thanks a lot. --Koveras Alvane 18:18, February 4, 2010 (UTC)