Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk Semantic MediaWiki update
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5881 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

So Semantic Mediawiki 1.0 is out... and is on test at Wikia! Anyone interested in testing it, please email me at sannse@gmail.com or ping me on IRC, and I'll give you the link. If all goes well, I hope that we can have this extension on all of Wikia's wikis. -- sannse (talk) 17:58, 10 January 2008 (UTC)

What's the good place to discuss issues with Semantic Mediawiki on the test wikia? --Lirielle 08:37, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Here's fine... what have you found? -- sannse (talk) 21:47, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
I was about to comment about n-ary properties not being implemented but when I went back to the wikia today, all the Semantic support seems to have disappeared?? --Lirielle 10:51, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
It's on again now - the problems with test wikis ;) -- sannse (talk) 11:43, 8 February 2008 (UTC)

1st questions

• n-ary properties don't seem to be implemented. What arre the plans?
  • inline queries: {{#ask:}} doesn't seem to work, when 'old' syntax does (<ask></ask>). I wonder: is our version an old one or is the doc updated to an unreleased version??

--Lirielle 21:23, 9 February 2008 (UTC)

Ontoworld is running a latest, devel version of SMW. Could you please check if they have (a) n-ary properties (b) {[#ask:}} syntax there? I'll try to install a devel version if you succeed with either one. -- Nef (talk) 22:58, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
n-ary relations are illustrated on their Einstein page, which I copied to the test wikia.--Lirielle 03:39, 10 February 2008 (UTC)

fp007 is running SMW code straight from MW repository. (Last change: 2008-02-09.) Could you please test it against this two issues? -- Nef (talk) 19:00, 11 February 2008 (UTC)

The inline queries {{#ask:}} is working now. Will test n-ary properties later. -PanSola 20:02, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
N-ary relations are also functional now. -PanSola 20:21, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

Type:Number vs Type:Integer/Float

The official documentation says that in SMW 1.0, Type:Number is going to replace Type:Integer and Type:Float. However, on current installations we have, Type:Number is not yet recognized, while Type:Integer still works. -PanSola 02:49, 18 February 2008 (UTC)

I've upgraded SMW on fp007 to the latest version from MW repo. Pls check it now. -- Nef (talk) 17:28, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
Resolved, thanks! -PanSola 19:01, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

Its (a)live!

SMW is enabled on Psychology Wiki (stats). Please drop by, help them set up basic properties/relationships, learn a thing or two yourself, and... request it for your wiki! -- Nef (talk) 12:13, 12 March 2008 (UTC)

Pls. visit http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:User_manual for info about SMW. -- Nef (talk) 13:21, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
I'm really not sure how this thing could be usefull on fr.guildwars. I think i'll start a discussion there to see what uses we could make of this but we are so few users that it wont help us if we have to edit many pages to take advantage of the new features. — TulipVorlax 01:29, 13 March 2008 (UTC)

Awesome, welcome, join semediawiki-user, I can help

This is a great development!

-- Skierpage (Semantic MediaWiki junior developer, doc writer, ontoworld.org janitor 00:48), 13 March 2008 (UTC)

It's a tad too soon, i think there only a couple of Wikia using it. — TulipVorlax 01:29, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
I'll keep this thread up to date with info about wiki with SMW enabled. -- Nef (talk) 12:10, 13 March 2008 (UTC)

Learning by example

SMW is a general-purpose extension that has a great number of possible applications. To get the idea, and to use it in a productive way, it is helpful to look at some reasonably well-done example wikis. So here are some that might be inspiring to learn from:

-- Markus Krötzsch, Mar 3 2008, 13:38 CET

Isn't there anything in french ? Lol. I think it would help my users to find this usefull. — TulipVorlax 16:28, 13 March 2008 (UTC)