Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
Line 33: Line 33:

SMW is enabled on Psychology Wiki ([http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Special:SemanticStatistics stats]). Please drop by, help them set up basic properties/relationships, learn a thing or two yourself, and... request it for your wiki! -- [[User:Ppiotr|Nef]] <staff /> ([[User talk:Ppiotr|talk]]) 12:13, 12 March 2008 (UTC)

SMW is enabled on Psychology Wiki ([http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Special:SemanticStatistics stats]). Please drop by, help them set up basic properties/relationships, learn a thing or two yourself, and... request it for your wiki! -- [[User:Ppiotr|Nef]] <staff /> ([[User talk:Ppiotr|talk]]) 12:13, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
  +
  +
:Pls. visit http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:User_manual for info about SMW. -- [[User:Ppiotr|Nef]] <staff /> ([[User talk:Ppiotr|talk]]) 13:21, 12 March 2008 (UTC)

Revision as of 13:21, 12 March 2008

Forums: Index Help desk Semantic MediaWiki update
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5851 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

So Semantic Mediawiki 1.0 is out... and is on test at Wikia! Anyone interested in testing it, please email me at sannse@gmail.com or ping me on IRC, and I'll give you the link. If all goes well, I hope that we can have this extension on all of Wikia's wikis. -- sannse (talk) 17:58, 10 January 2008 (UTC)

What's the good place to discuss issues with Semantic Mediawiki on the test wikia? --Lirielle 08:37, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Here's fine... what have you found? -- sannse (talk) 21:47, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
I was about to comment about n-ary properties not being implemented but when I went back to the wikia today, all the Semantic support seems to have disappeared?? --Lirielle 10:51, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
It's on again now - the problems with test wikis ;) -- sannse (talk) 11:43, 8 February 2008 (UTC)

1st questions

• n-ary properties don't seem to be implemented. What arre the plans?
  • inline queries: {{#ask:}} doesn't seem to work, when 'old' syntax does (<ask></ask>). I wonder: is our version an old one or is the doc updated to an unreleased version??

--Lirielle 21:23, 9 February 2008 (UTC)

Ontoworld is running a latest, devel version of SMW. Could you please check if they have (a) n-ary properties (b) {[#ask:}} syntax there? I'll try to install a devel version if you succeed with either one. -- Nef (talk) 22:58, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
n-ary relations are illustrated on their Einstein page, which I copied to the test wikia.--Lirielle 03:39, 10 February 2008 (UTC)

fp007 is running SMW code straight from MW repository. (Last change: 2008-02-09.) Could you please test it against this two issues? -- Nef (talk) 19:00, 11 February 2008 (UTC)

The inline queries {{#ask:}} is working now. Will test n-ary properties later. -PanSola 20:02, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
N-ary relations are also functional now. -PanSola 20:21, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

Type:Number vs Type:Integer/Float

The official documentation says that in SMW 1.0, Type:Number is going to replace Type:Integer and Type:Float. However, on current installations we have, Type:Number is not yet recognized, while Type:Integer still works. -PanSola 02:49, 18 February 2008 (UTC)

I've upgraded SMW on fp007 to the latest version from MW repo. Pls check it now. -- Nef (talk) 17:28, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
Resolved, thanks! -PanSola 19:01, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

Its (a)live!

SMW is enabled on Psychology Wiki (stats). Please drop by, help them set up basic properties/relationships, learn a thing or two yourself, and... request it for your wiki! -- Nef (talk) 12:13, 12 March 2008 (UTC)

Pls. visit http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:User_manual for info about SMW. -- Nef (talk) 13:21, 12 March 2008 (UTC)