Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk Semantic
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5460 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello,

I have a question about #ask and the effect that Redirects have on the results. We are recording details for the MMORPG http://istaria.wikia.com/ and have several pages that redirect to the one central page. For example the abilities:

• Instant Heal I
  • Instant Heal II
  • Instant Heal III
  • Instant Heal IV and
  • Instant Heal V

all redirect to the page

• Instant Heal

because only the amount of health healed changes - everything else is the same. Each page has a Category:Ability.

If we have an #ask Semantic query to list all Category:Ability pages, we get the following list:

• Instant Heal
  • Instant Heal
  • Instant Heal
  • Instant Heal
  • Instant Heal
  • Instant Heal

I assume because of the redirects on the other pages. Is it possible to get Semantic wiki to *not* show page redirects? The property type is Page BTW.

Thanks!

StalePopcorn 00:11, 6 November 2008 (UTC)

In SMW, redirects are considered equal to the pages they point to. The redirects are also categorized under Category:Ability right? You may have to remove the category in each of the redirects. Or, replace the redirect with some content. --koイsuru (talk) 14:57, 8 May 2009 (UTC)