Community Central
Community Central
(re)
No edit summary
Line 187: Line 187:

:Jens Ingels: modifying the search feature wiki-wide like this is a [[Terms of Use]] violation. Refer to [[User_blog:Daniel_Baran/Search_Developments:_Big_Picture|this Staff blog]], specifically the notice at the very bottom under '''Policy note'''. If you are making this as a user script for just yourself or that has to be manually installed by individual users, that's fine. But if this is being applied in MediaWiki:Common.js or MediaWiki:Wikia.js, it's a TOU violation and staff would ask you to remove it if they knew about it. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|21:23 UTC|Sun|05 August 2012}}

:Jens Ingels: modifying the search feature wiki-wide like this is a [[Terms of Use]] violation. Refer to [[User_blog:Daniel_Baran/Search_Developments:_Big_Picture|this Staff blog]], specifically the notice at the very bottom under '''Policy note'''. If you are making this as a user script for just yourself or that has to be manually installed by individual users, that's fine. But if this is being applied in MediaWiki:Common.js or MediaWiki:Wikia.js, it's a TOU violation and staff would ask you to remove it if they knew about it. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|21:23 UTC|Sun|05 August 2012}}
  +
The bug seems only to apear when your wiki has an black navheader. When your search image is black the dot will not recolor with it.
  +
  +
Thx all for the info it worked. I just finished the code on one of my wikias: [http://monsterwars.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js/Search_Fix.js].
  +
  +
Also thx for the info of the policy note. I didn't known an search extension is ilegal. They should add an note of it in the dev.wikia. --[[User:Jens Ingels|Jens Ingels]] ([[User talk:Jens Ingels|talk]]) 18:24, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 18:24, 6 August 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Search Fix.js edite
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4274 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm back with another problem. I want to change the textcolors off this buttoms to back like the searchbuttom is now:
Searchfix.png

Any idea how to do this. The js works with an save system. And I also want to try to hide the buttom. Here's an photoshop result how it want it to be:
Search-switch.gif

Here's the js:

Any idea how to do this? The progress need to stay afther an save like it is now. --Jens Ingels (talk) 16:20, August 3, 2012 (UTC)

What do you mean by "how to do this"? -- Sam Wang (wall) 04:53, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
This seems to work just fine for me -- Sam Wang (wall) 04:55, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

Comment - Change the two occurrences of the following lines:

if (settings & 1) { $go_button.after($original_search_button); }
else { $original_search_button.after($go_button); }

To:

if (settings & 1) {
    $go_button.show();
    $original_search_button.hide();
}
else {
    $original_search_button.show();
    $go_button.hide();
}

And to allow for the additional space with one less button, remove $options_button.outerWidth(true) in the $search_text.css block, .width line. As for changing the color for the Base64 colors, just upload them to a Image to Base64 converter (the arrow/dots only). Ryan PM

20:20, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Jens Ingels: modifying the search feature wiki-wide like this is a Terms of Use violation. Refer to this Staff blog, specifically the notice at the very bottom under Policy note. If you are making this as a user script for just yourself or that has to be manually installed by individual users, that's fine. But if this is being applied in MediaWiki:Common.js or MediaWiki:Wikia.js, it's a TOU violation and staff would ask you to remove it if they knew about it. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 21:23 UTC, Sun, 05 August 2012

The bug seems only to apear when your wiki has an black navheader. When your search image is black the dot will not recolor with it.

Thx all for the info it worked. I just finished the code on one of my wikias: [1].

Also thx for the info of the policy note. I didn't known an search extension is ilegal. They should add an note of it in the dev.wikia. --Jens Ingels (talk) 18:24, August 6, 2012 (UTC)