FANDOM

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index General Discussion Rodents Wiki (I don't mean to be spammy or advertising!)
FANDOM's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

50px-Replacement filing cabinet.svg

Note: This topic has been unedited for 1501 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I have made a new wiki called rodents wiki and I am not asking you to register or anything or to advertise it but I would like you to have a look at what I have done and maybe provide some feedback and how I could get it popular like other wikis because that would be nice. Here is a link to the wiki [1] Thank you for your time. Puppets 20:56, July 25, 2011 (UTC)

A link to the wiki in question may help your case :)--Acer4666 21:02, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
The best thing you can do is to put (lots of) content in the wiki. That's the only way people will look at it or contribute.
I think there was one about reptiles somewhere in here, maybe you could take a look at it for ideas.
 Nidek   (Talk)  309 edits made  22:41, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Some starting tips:
  • Make sure you really have an original wiki. For example I notice there is already a Rodents Wiki. Maybe you should get together and just focus on one wiki and have the other redirect to the one you can all agree to work on.
  • Get a cool logo or wordmark.
  • Make a detailed about page that explains why you made the wiki, what kind of stuff you want in it, and maybe what kind of stuff doesn't belong.
  • Make a bunch of stub pages (put {{stub}} at the top) for all the pages you can think of that you want to create and fill in quickly. They only need to have a sentence or a few words. They're stubs to be filled in later, but they give a starting structure.
  • Don't forget to use wiki links frequently like Capybara for Capybara. Red links will give you ideas for new pages.
That should be enough to get you started. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 25 Jul 2011 6:52 PM Pacific
Thanks but that other wiki has clearly been abandonned and mine is so much clearly better. Thank you for your help. Puppets 10:49, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, since your a new founder, why dont you use the admin dash board and wiki progress bar at Special:AdminDashBoard to help you. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 13:39, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
If the wiki has been abandoned, you can simply adopt it. That way, you can prevent two wikis of the same topic from being made AND have a good URL at the same time. Thesaurus Rex 13:47, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
Read what he said, "i have made new wiki called Rodents Wiki" that means he's the founder, therefore, had admin and bureaucrat powers. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 13:58, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
He was talking about the other wiki, which he did not create. You you really read the entire discussion before commenting. - Tjcool007 (Talk) 14:25, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
Oh, i thought you were talking about what he wrote in his forum, not the comments. TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 14:28, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
I have a tip for your new wiki - Don't promote TheBen10Mazter unless he makes a thousand edits on the wiki, he's annoying and likes asking for adminship on wikis he doesn't even work hard on. He had too much of adminship and he even attempted to adopt central. Want proof? See Special:Contributions/TheBen10Mazster
--.Nobody Cares .TalkContribs. 11:44, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
I agree with^ Ben goes round trying to collect wiki adminship--Tama63 12:03, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.