Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
(+comment)
Line 24: Line 24:

:::Ah, my mistake - I thought it was just those on The Apprentice Wiki. For what it's worth, I'm the only '''editor''' there, not just administrator (Mr. Garrison also has rights, although doesn't use them). I have no problem with '''registered editors''', just anonymous.--{{User:Launchballer/Signature}} 15:51, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

:::Ah, my mistake - I thought it was just those on The Apprentice Wiki. For what it's worth, I'm the only '''editor''' there, not just administrator (Mr. Garrison also has rights, although doesn't use them). I have no problem with '''registered editors''', just anonymous.--{{User:Launchballer/Signature}} 15:51, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

::::Although, don't you see that blocking IPs would mean that they would think something like, well, I can't edit this so I will not bother and just leave. Do you want to be the only editor? I don't think so as it is too hard a task to do on your own. {{User:Solar Dragon/Signature}} 15:55, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

::::Although, don't you see that blocking IPs would mean that they would think something like, well, I can't edit this so I will not bother and just leave. Do you want to be the only editor? I don't think so as it is too hard a task to do on your own. {{User:Solar Dragon/Signature}} 15:55, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
  +
Or just put "Please create an account before editing."--{{User:Launchballer/Signature}} 15:57, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 15:57, 7 June 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Requested disabling of anonymous editing
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5065 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I've just noticed an anonymous editor on my Wiki, and have decided I'd rather not have anonymous editors on my Wiki. Is there any way of disabling them?--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 16:34, June 6, 2010 (UTC)

Unless there's vandalism problem, it normally wont happen.
Before creating a wiki on Wikia, you should have read the Wiki Creation Policy where we can read "Wikis are about working together, and all Wikia projects are open to the public to edit", and i think it include anons. — TulipVorlax 17:12, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
Anyway, no wikis should contain "Please do not even attempt anonymous editing - it is NOT allowed." in it's site notice. — TulipVorlax 17:15, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
You should also understand that you dont own the wiki, the community does, so treathening to block a range of IP and blocking a lot of people that havent even done anything wrong, is wrong. — TulipVorlax 17:20, June 6, 2010 (UTC)

I should add that his wiki's sitenotice says that anonymous editing is not allowed. Can someone from staff change this, if the admin won't? --Light Daxter - Talk 17:39, June 6, 2010 (UTC)

Lol. Woops. Also, the same 'rule' is set in the project namespace:About page. --Light Daxter - Talk 19:42, June 6, 2010 (UTC)

First, I didn't create it; Mr. Garrison did, and he hasn't been online for a LONG time - I merely adopted it, and so would not have needed to read the Wiki Creation Policy. Secondly, I am the only active user on the Wiki and so therefore I am the community, so TulipVorlax, that last comment is a diacottomy of terms. I've removed it for now, but still am not sure why.--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 15:24, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
By the community, it means the Wikia community, everyone who edits on Wikia or even reads it. You can not block IPs unless there is a major history of vandalism that can not be sorted via a range block. User:Solar Dragon/Signature 15:37, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

(edit conflict)

Hey, i have many wikis where i'm the only admin/crat, want a list ? I dont put messages that say others users aren't welcomed to contribute to them.
I think there's something you dont understand. Adopting or creating is the same thing. Just read the fourth statement to adoption on this page : Community Central:Adoption requests.
It cleary ask that you try to build a community, not discouraging it. — TulipVorlax 15:45, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Ah, my mistake - I thought it was just those on The Apprentice Wiki. For what it's worth, I'm the only editor there, not just administrator (Mr. Garrison also has rights, although doesn't use them). I have no problem with registered editors, just anonymous.--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 15:51, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Although, don't you see that blocking IPs would mean that they would think something like, well, I can't edit this so I will not bother and just leave. Do you want to be the only editor? I don't think so as it is too hard a task to do on your own. User:Solar Dragon/Signature 15:55, June 7, 2010 (UTC)

Or just put "Please create an account before editing."--Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales 15:57, June 7, 2010 (UTC)