I have a category with a lot of articles containing some data. I would like to create a page that takes the text in all those articles and put them in one big article. Preferably in an automated way. I want to do this so that users can use the browser's search function to search for text in those articles, essentially giving them a way to browse through articles to find specific data.
For example, if I had a category with the following articles:
Article A Data 1 Data 2
Article B Data 3 Data 4
I want to make this:
Compiled Article Article A Data 1 Data 2 Article B Data 3 Data 4
Is there way to do this easily and automatically? Daarklord 23:11, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yes. Use the Dynamic Page List extension (and the Manual) which has been installed on the server. In order to do this you will need to read and understand the Include parameter to the DPL functionality.
- The short answer is you will need to go into Article A and Article B and mark the Data you want included, either by including it in a template, or by marking it with a <section begin=<name> /> and <section end=<name> /> as described in the Extension:Labeled Section Transclusion documentation.
- If you would like to see an example, I'll point you at the Traveller Wiki Race Summary. Most of this page is entirely generated using the DPL, and should give you a staring point.
- If you have questions, drop a note on the forum on the Traveller wiki, or on my talk page over there. Tjoneslo 18:26, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- oh... well... that's the thing we need. I was just working on a feature and realised it cannot be done without DPL, and that's critical thing for us, at least when we'll grow up a little. Please turn it on for ru.dreams, or we are doomed )) --Darhark 10:58, 10 April 2008 (UTC)