Community Central
Register
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Problem with 0 (zero)
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4456 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I just started a new wiki for a project I'm working on and I've found that, with a little fiddling around, I can get most things working how I want, however I've come across a really simple problem that's really stumped me and I'd like some help if possible.

Basically I'm having problems with the wiki accepting 0 (zero), specifically in Templates for Input Boxes and Drop down lists. The editor always flags it as a bad value. Is this some limitation to the wiki editor or am I doing something wrong?

To give an example, the template has a Drop down list with 0, 1000, 2000, etc, but selecting 0 causes the editor to prevent me from publishing the page.

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks. I'll kick myself if its something really simple. Alliances 05:49, January 13, 2012 (UTC)

Please give a link to the specific template with the problem. Without playing with it, it could be anything (browser issue, missing code, Wikia bug, etc.). -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 13 Jan 2012 4:55 PM Pacific
Thanks for the response and I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I'm not wholly confident with linking you to a page like this. This is the Template page. If that works. I apologise in advance for the content. I checked again and it's still not working. Everything else is fine, but adding a plain 0 in any or both of the two drop down lists causes it to say: "Please correct the following errors: One or more required fields have not been filled in." Thanks again for any help. Alliances 02:55, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
I think you mean the Layout Builder, Alliances. Templates are something else. If you are experiencing problems with the Layout Builder, you should probably report it as a bug to the Wikia staff (Special:Contact). --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 22:37, January 14, 2012 (UTC)