Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Priorities and values
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4942 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

DIRECTED AT WIKIA STAFF, IF YOU HAVE AN OPINION KEEP IT TO YOURSELF OR START A BLOG.
Alternatively go and make your own Forum thread.

Right. Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance.

That's a whole lot of people turning their backs on their accounts here. That's a whole lot of Wikis leaving, with nothing more than a deserted bundle of articles which will never be updated; forming projects which will never be completed. Also known as dead wikis nobody goes to, which have a tendency to be ineffective for advertising.

I have NEVER seen such hatred expressed towards a plan Wikia has had in my YEARS of lurking and contributing to various projects across the community. And AT NO POINT has it been cancelled. AT NO POINT have people stopped and realized being stubborn would signal the death knell of the company.

I'm approaching 15 thousand edits, which pales in comparison to some of the truly active people who have been around longer than I. Both myself and a large portion of them are planning on never returning to Wikia. I don't mention my edit count to brag; I don't think it's impressive. But I've spent time and effort to - for free - provide a service for which Wikia got paid. I feel that I am, therefor, owed an answer;

What are you gaining, that is worth my presence? The presence of others? The loss of entire communites?

I want to know what was chosen above us, what priority was higher.

I want you to explain to us all just how lowly you value the lot of us. A F K is pro-AWA! 17:02, October 7, 2010 (UTC)

I want to know what was chosen above us, what priority was higher.
Money. Karate Jesus 18:17, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
Sorry Karate (how's PvX?) I... thought that's why they wanted us to begin with..? A F K is pro-AWA! 23:30, October 7, 2010 (UTC)