Community Central
Community Central
m (r)
No edit summary
Line 18: Line 18:

{{rn}}I know what you meanbut many pages that are unnecessary are not being tagged with those categories and is not sighted until later by an admin and it is hard to get sight of pages like that. Plus the legitimate pages are all monitored by admins and good editors so they won't be tagged with those categories. {{User:Finchelfanno1/SigSubst2|20:19,5/29/2011}}

{{rn}}I know what you meanbut many pages that are unnecessary are not being tagged with those categories and is not sighted until later by an admin and it is hard to get sight of pages like that. Plus the legitimate pages are all monitored by admins and good editors so they won't be tagged with those categories. {{User:Finchelfanno1/SigSubst2|20:19,5/29/2011}}

:If the pages aren't seen, how would they be tagged with this category in the first place? '''[[User:Randomtime|<font color="black">Random</font>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<font color="Orange">Time</font>]]''' 20:20, May 29, 2011 (UTC)

:If the pages aren't seen, how would they be tagged with this category in the first place? '''[[User:Randomtime|<font color="black">Random</font>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<font color="Orange">Time</font>]]''' 20:20, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
  +
::The problems with those pages is that many users sees them but doesn't link them to an admin but they do tag them with those categories so we thought it would be better if there's an auto-delete options for it. {{User:Finchelfanno1/SigSubst2|20:22,5/29/2011}}

Revision as of 20:22, 29 May 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Pages deletion from a specific category?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4708 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is there a way to delete every page within a category?  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  19:41,5/29/2011 

You could either do it manually by deleting every page yourself or get a bot to do it.--GodPray  19:43,5/29/2011 
Do you know how to get the bot?  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  19:47,5/29/2011 
You would have to talk to someone who operates one. I know Grunny helped me out before.--GodPray  19:53,5/29/2011 
I can run it myself if you outline what you want deleted and where RandomTime 19:56, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks but if there is a bot then it will be easier for us to clean up the wiki and a normal user can also help us to delete by just tagging them with those categories. It will greatly help the glee wiki because sometimes users makes spam pages and it isn't sighted by an admin.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  20:08,5/29/2011 
What?
If you're asking for it to run periodically, then I'd advise against it. It would be easier if admins just monitored the candidates for deletion page, as that would stop users tagging legitimate articles in the hope they'll be bot deleted and cause confusion. RandomTime 20:12, May 29, 2011 (UTC)

Template:RnI know what you meanbut many pages that are unnecessary are not being tagged with those categories and is not sighted until later by an admin and it is hard to get sight of pages like that. Plus the legitimate pages are all monitored by admins and good editors so they won't be tagged with those categories.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  20:19,5/29/2011 

If the pages aren't seen, how would they be tagged with this category in the first place? RandomTime 20:20, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
The problems with those pages is that many users sees them but doesn't link them to an admin but they do tag them with those categories so we thought it would be better if there's an auto-delete options for it.  Finchelfanno1  (talk)  20:22,5/29/2011