Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Number of articles in a category from certain namespace
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5000 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm familiar with {{PAGESINCAT}} and <categorytree>, but is there a way to combine them to output the amount of articles in a category from a specific namespace? Specifically I need it to count the number of File: in a category. Duskey(talk) 14:41, August 5, 2010 (UTC)

Special:Statistics and look at the line Uploaded files? --  Roguebfl   talk    contribs    email   16:19, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
Not quite what I was going for, I need the output the number of files in a category. Duskey(talk) 20:09, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
{{NUMBEROFFILES}} or {{PAGESINCATEGORY:categoryname}} --  Roguebfl   talk    contribs    email   15:26, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
How do I tweak those to only count the files in a certain category? Duskey(talk) 10:41, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Make sure only files are in the category, then replace categoryname in the second magic word with the category's name. --  Roguebfl   talk    contribs    email   10:47, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
That's the thing, there's also articles from other namespaces in the category. Duskey(talk) 20:03, August 10, 2010 (UTC)