Community Central
Community Central
m (Correcting a mispelled word.)
No edit summary
Line 8: Line 8:

::I was NOT AWARE that I had to request one. It does not say that nor the fact that the rules were changed. I was under the impression that I was given a mailing list when the wiki was created. From the [http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Start_a_new_Wikia Request a new Wikia] page, "All Wikia sites come with a free Mailing List. You are encouraged to sign up to the mailing list for the wiki you requested, and also to the central Wikia mailing list, which seldom has more than a few messages a day and may contain vital information such as planned downtime." Please explain futher please. [[User:HotDice|HotDice]] 06:14, 27 October 2007 (UTC)

::I was NOT AWARE that I had to request one. It does not say that nor the fact that the rules were changed. I was under the impression that I was given a mailing list when the wiki was created. From the [http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Start_a_new_Wikia Request a new Wikia] page, "All Wikia sites come with a free Mailing List. You are encouraged to sign up to the mailing list for the wiki you requested, and also to the central Wikia mailing list, which seldom has more than a few messages a day and may contain vital information such as planned downtime." Please explain futher please. [[User:HotDice|HotDice]] 06:14, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::That message is outdated. It's impossible to keep every message you see up to date. That one alone is already mistaken by the fact that wikia-l is actually a fairly active list. There isn't really anything else to explain. Either they've stopped adding mailing lists and didn't remember that the message even existed, or the mailinglist was not added because the system is broken, or possibly the mailing-list is there and you just can't see it because of the broken system.
  +
:::But here is your general rule of thumb, if you're missing something, ask the staff. The com team and the other members of the community here are here to answer questions and help out. Just ask and wait for an answer before you get mad, just cause some message you saw says one thing doesn't mean we'll know you have a problem unless you calmly tell us. ~<span style="font-weight: bold;" title="Dantman does not work for Wikia">NOTASTAFF</span> [[User:Dantman|Daniel Friesen]]<small> (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire)</small> <sup>([[User_talk:Dantman|talk]])</sup> <small>[[User:Dantman/Tricks|(tricks)]] [[Forum:Wiki and Fansubbing Groups|(current topic)]]</small> <small>Oct 27, 2007 <sub>@</sub> 06:29 <sup>(UTC)</sup></small>

Revision as of 06:29, 27 October 2007

Forums: Index Help desk Missing from the Mailing List
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 6019 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello all! I am getting some what mad here. I have created a new wiki and I have check the mailing lists board to see if my wiki has been added. The answer is no it has not. The name of the wiki is Roller Derby. Please help. HotDice 05:30, 27 October 2007 (UTC)

I don't see what possible reason you have to be mad. The wiki was created as requested, but you specified nowhere that you wanted the mailing-list created. Old wiki did automatically get the mailing-list created, but it's quite possible that that has been stopped. While all the older wiki have mailing-lists, 99% of those wiki don't even use the list. I'd actually consider it a great improvement if Wikia stopped automatically creating lists and instead only created them when the wiki community says that it wants it. Please also note that the mailing-lists are broken at the moment which could be the real reason, the techs are working on fixing the system. At the moment I suggest that you notify one of the com team members that you actually do want the mailing-list for the wiki because other than this message stating that your mad that you don't have a list you have not told any staff that you actually wanted the list. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) (tricks) (current topic) Oct 27, 2007 @ 06:00 (UTC)
I was NOT AWARE that I had to request one. It does not say that nor the fact that the rules were changed. I was under the impression that I was given a mailing list when the wiki was created. From the Request a new Wikia page, "All Wikia sites come with a free Mailing List. You are encouraged to sign up to the mailing list for the wiki you requested, and also to the central Wikia mailing list, which seldom has more than a few messages a day and may contain vital information such as planned downtime." Please explain futher please. HotDice 06:14, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
That message is outdated. It's impossible to keep every message you see up to date. That one alone is already mistaken by the fact that wikia-l is actually a fairly active list. There isn't really anything else to explain. Either they've stopped adding mailing lists and didn't remember that the message even existed, or the mailinglist was not added because the system is broken, or possibly the mailing-list is there and you just can't see it because of the broken system.
But here is your general rule of thumb, if you're missing something, ask the staff. The com team and the other members of the community here are here to answer questions and help out. Just ask and wait for an answer before you get mad, just cause some message you saw says one thing doesn't mean we'll know you have a problem unless you calmly tell us. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) (tricks) (current topic) Oct 27, 2007 @ 06:29 (UTC)