This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I am trying to highlight the current admins names and while I managed to get four of them to work, it is not doing so with the fifth admin 'Damesukekun', I copied the code exactly, but on both Mono and Oasis his name doesn't turn green. -- Bunai82 (talk) 21:12, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- In each instance, you have a space after the colon and before his name. This is likely the problem.--
- Did you try changing the order of the definition of the users in the CSS file?
- Nidek (Talk) 309 edits made 22:30, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
a[href|="/wiki/User:Username"],instead, usually works a lot better (that one line instead of five). Also remember to take the , off of the last one. ajr 23:50, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- We do it the way Ajraddatz suggests. It works, great one line per person. Also, we put all the names to be highlighted in a separate file: MediaWiki:Common.css/hilite. We do this so as not to clutter up Common.css, Monobook.css, and/or Wikia.css.
- Once the hilite file is created, you can import it into the ".css" files with the following statement:
In the end, your highlighted list only occupies one line in the ".css" files. — SpikeToronto 12:42AM EDT, June 17, 2011
- The solution Ajr mentions is the easier way out of it, but if you're a bit neurotic like me and you don't want links to admin user pages in the article space of the layout highlighted, the more complicated method that you're currently using is the way to go. ;) The updated version of this more complicated way of doing business is in Avatar Wiki's MediaWiki:Wikia.css. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:23, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
- The one suggest by Ajr is better, it's not that complicated.