Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 30: Line 30:

::::::But that is what I already used 0_o -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 18:42, June 18, 2011 (UTC)

::::::But that is what I already used 0_o -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 18:42, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
::::::::No, yours is different. Take a look at [[User:Godisme/global.css|my css]] to see what we mean. I have highlighting in there.--{{User:Godisme/Blacksig|18:44,6/18/2011}}

Revision as of 18:44, 18 June 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Minor problem with highlighting names using css
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4688 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello, coming from the Vocaloid wiki / CSS.

I am trying to highlight the current admins names and while I managed to get four of them to work, it is not doing so with the fifth admin 'Damesukekun', I copied the code exactly, but on both Mono and Oasis his name doesn't turn green. -- Bunai82 (talk) 21:12, June 16, 2011 (UTC)

In each instance, you have a space after the colon and before his name. This is likely the problem.--GodPray  21:18,6/16/2011 
I'm sorry, I am unsure which space you mean, the only colon I see is " : " ,and his name isn't spaced. -- Bunai82 (talk) 21:34, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
Did you try changing the order of the definition of the users in the CSS file?
 Nidek   (Talk) [[Special:Contributions/Nidek| Special:Editcount/Nidek edits made ]] 22:30, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
I'll test. -- Bunai82 (talk) 23:25, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
  • Try a[href|="/wiki/User:Username"], instead, usually works a lot better (that one line instead of five). Also remember to take the , off of the last one. ajr 23:50, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
We do it the way Ajraddatz suggests. It works, great one line per person. Also, we put all the names to be highlighted in a separate file: MediaWiki:Common.css/hilite. We do this so as not to clutter up Common.css, Monobook.css, and/or Wikia.css.
Once the hilite file is created, you can import it into the ".css" files with the following statement:

@import url("/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css/hilite&action=raw&ctype=text/css");

In the end, your highlighted list only occupies one line in the ".css" files. — SpikeToronto 12:42AM EDT, June 17, 2011
The solution Ajr mentions is the easier way out of it, but if you're a bit neurotic like me and you don't want links to admin user pages in the article space of the layout highlighted, the more complicated method that you're currently using is the way to go. ;) The updated version of this more complicated way of doing business is in Avatar Wiki's MediaWiki:Wikia.css. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:23, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
So which one would currently work best? -- Bunai82 (talk) 06:15, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
The one suggest by Ajr is better, it's not that complicated.  Finchelfanno1 (talk / contribs)|08:49 am,Jun/18/11 
But that is what I already used 0_o -- Bunai82 (talk) 18:42, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
No, yours is different. Take a look at my css to see what we mean. I have highlighting in there.--GodPray  18:44,6/18/2011