Community Central
Community Central
Line 54: Line 54:

:Reported, being looked into. {{User:Kirkburn/Sig}} 11:52, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

:Reported, being looked into. {{User:Kirkburn/Sig}} 11:52, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
  +
  +
:The problem has been identified, and is being fixed! {{User:Kirkburn/Sig}} 12:05, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

===minor edit box gone===

===minor edit box gone===

Revision as of 12:05, 10 September 2008

Forum Post

Forums: Index Help desk MediaWiki 1.13 upgrade
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5700 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.
Forums: Index Watercooler MediaWiki 1.13 upgrade
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5700 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

On Tuesday, September 9th, our tech team plans to upgrade MediaWiki, the software that runs Wikia, to version 1.13. You can check out more information about what that upgrade means here. While we don't anticipate any major problems, some issues may appear. Please report any odd site behavior on this page, and we'll try to get those issues resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks! --KyleH (talk) 17:45, 5 September 2008 (UTC)

Sounds good. I like the double redirect feature.
WHLfan (talk to me!) 22:06, 5 September 2008 (UTC)

The upgrade has been delayed a day in order to ensure a smoother rollout - it is now planned for Wednesday. For those interested, the upgrade will be to 1.13.1, which was released a couple of days ago :) Kirkburn  talk  contr    14:03, 9 September 2008 (UTC)

Proxima Centauri have had trouble logging out and logging back in with the other account. We use the same computer. Our computer is erratic. We don't know if the problem is with our computer or yours. Barbara Shack 18:12, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
No update occured yet so it's not related. I hope you find help anyway. — TulipVorlax 20:07, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
We have been making some changes to our caching servers over the past several days. (These changes are unrelated to the MediaWiki 1.13 rollout.) Try clearing all of the cookies in your browser, then coming back and logging in again. --KyleH (talk) 20:43, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
I was comming here to ask if the ads are temporairly disabled (so it do not interfere with upgrading) or what ? On fr.3d and fr.guildwars i dont see them (even though i have show all ads checked). I only see a white space where the ad block should be. — TulipVorlax 20:07, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
We have temporarily removed most of the advertising from wikis in languages other than English or German. Right now, our foreign language sites are pretty small so it doesn't make much sense for us to devote resources to selling and managing advertising on them. Once those languages grow some, we'll probably enable the advertisements again, but for now most ads are disabled. --KyleH (talk) 20:43, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
(Should we move the separate topic elsewhere ?)
Ok, but why the blank space on w:fr.3D for exemple ? Is it caused because i still used the new column tag ?
While writing this, i think i understand why now... i've designed thoses main pages to accomodate the ad block using a visual clear so it doesn't cause problem with the rest of the layout... So the space may be normal as it is me who made it appear (not knowing ads were removed).
Thanks, i'll check this... — TulipVorlax 01:18, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Yup, you figured it out. There is nothing in your right column, so when the ad disappeared, there was nothing to fill that space. That's why we highly recommend that you use the column tags to create a true two-column design using the column tags to create the column. With a true two-column design using the column tags, any content in the right column will slide up when there isn't an ad there (and slide back down once it returns). --KyleH (talk) 01:34, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

RC log problem

WoWWiki recent changes seem to be odd; all logs are under "Upload log", even though there are Deletions and Blocks there too. Gourra (talk) 09:32, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Seems to be fixed now, thanks. Gourra (talk) 11:12, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Category text problem

Category texts are conflicting with icons: [1]. Gourra (talk) 09:39, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

This is likely WoWWiki specific - I'll take a look. Kirkburn  talk  contr    11:45, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Categories showing as empty

Categories show as they are empty, despite that they are not: [2]. Gourra (talk) 09:46, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

It's possible that just needs populating. Kirkburn  talk  contr    11:45, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

24.wikia

Thanks for implementing this new software, guys! A few concerns have come up:

1. When using the recent changes at Wiki 24, clicking the Diffs brings me to a "Database error" that says "A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: (SQL query hidden) from within function "OutputPage::addCategoryLinks". MySQL returned error "1146: Table '24.page_props' doesn't exist (10.8.2.7)"." Essentially, diffs don't work anymore.
  2. Special pages has white text on white background. Ugly, ugly!

Can anyone assist with these? I'll see replies at my talk page sooner than here. Blue Rook 09:43, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

The diffs appear to be working okay for me now. You?
The section titles will need to be fixed by a local CSS tweak. Any other wikis using dark skins will need to do it too, unfortunately. Kirkburn  talk  contr    11:52, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Spam filter with incorrect block

Spam filter is broken. Can't save a page with "a-r-r-a-y" in it. Kind of a biggie. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 11:06, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Reported, being looked into. Kirkburn  talk  contr    11:52, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
The problem has been identified, and is being fixed! Kirkburn  talk  contr    12:05, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

minor edit box gone

Posted this over @ User talk:KyleH before finding this; as well as the special pages problem, minor edit box is gone when editing with cologneblue skin.. only happens on TibiaWiki though, it's normal here. -- Sixorish 11:25, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Confirming - see for example [3] ... I cannot reproduce on any other wiki, though. Kirkburn  talk  contr    11:57, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Link Suggest problem

Is it just me or are sugestions not coming up when you type in part of a link when editing on the Harry Potter Wiki? {{SUBST:User:Me Potter Fan/sig}} 11:27, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

Yes, it doesn't appear to be working for me either. Will report. Kirkburn  talk  contr    11:59, 10 September 2008 (UTC)