Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Javascript
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4591 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Guys! When I tried to edit on someone's talkpage in this wiki, it said I need to turn on javascript! But I edit here and other wikis just fine...what is going on?! Mand'alor Skyobiliviator The Devastator 21:07, September 21, 2011 (UTC)

It says this: The rich text editor does not work with JavaScript switched off. Please either enable it in your browser options, or visit your preferences to switch to the old MediaWiki editor.

But I can put messages on other people's talk page in another wiki, so my JS must be on...Mand'alor Skyobiliviator The Devastator 21:34, September 21, 2011 (UTC)

Use Special:Contact/general, please. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 21 Sep 2011 8:24 PM Pacific
Starting a week or so ago, wikia did another dumb change. They had gone from a normal editor to an editor that requires their special javascript (but that doesn't even have a preview that works) and that blocks a lot of what people consider normal editor and browser behavior.
Now the editor only works with javascript enabled for third party site(s).
This leaves many people out of editing. I think wikia needs to learn what "wiki" means.
 Nidek   (Talk) [[Special:Contributions/Nidek| Special:Editcount/Nidek edits made ]] 12:49, September 22, 2011 (UTC)
The editor still works with GA and facebook's scripts disabled, so not all “third parties” need to be permitted. TK999 14:31, September 22, 2011 (UTC)
Also, to edit with "old mediawiki editor"—which actually is the source mode of the new editor—can be reached with ?action=edit&useeditor=mediawiki and does work even without javascript at all (but then there's no preview, diff, etc...) (: –Tm_T (Talk) 17:02, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
To me, this does nothing different.
I don't care either way; since my wikis aren't here, I'm not the one losing potential contributors.
 Nidek   (Talk) [[Special:Contributions/Nidek| Special:Editcount/Nidek edits made ]] 01:27, September 24, 2011 (UTC)