Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 36: Line 36:

::I added the code above but it had no effect.

::I added the code above but it had no effect.

::[[User:Granpa|Granpa]] ([[User talk:Granpa|talk]]) 15:14, August 26, 2012 (UTC)

::[[User:Granpa|Granpa]] ([[User talk:Granpa|talk]]) 15:14, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
  +
::I reverted to an earlier revision that I know was working earlier but it still doesnt work.
  +
::I have no idea whats going on.
  +
::[[User:Granpa|Granpa]] ([[User talk:Granpa|talk]]) 15:26, August 26, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 15:26, 26 August 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Import script for navigation popups only works in certain positions
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4254 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Here is the link to our sitewide js page:http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikia.js

It consisted of a few js functions used for some buttons that are on a few pages

then some variables are defined for the statcounter

then the statcounter is imported

then navigation popups is imported.

navigation popups will not work if its import line is placed above the functions

nor will it work if its import line is placed below the statcounter import line

Can anyone shed any light on this behavior.

Granpa (talk) 13:48, August 26, 2012 (UTC)

Best I can figure out is that the popups script isn't designed to work on anything other than Wikimedia projects. It contains broken references to variables which don't exist on Wikia; as soon as it hits that point, everything stops due to the error. Try adding:
mw.config.set('wgNoticeProject', 'Wikia');

before the $.getScript for the popup script. See if that helps. It's hard to tell as everything seems to work right now, if it was still broken I could investigate more deeply. Lunarity 14:49, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
It was working earlier but it has mysteriously stopped working now.
I added the code above but it had no effect.
Granpa (talk) 15:14, August 26, 2012 (UTC)

I reverted to an earlier revision that I know was working earlier but it still doesnt work.
I have no idea whats going on.
Granpa (talk) 15:26, August 26, 2012 (UTC)