Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests I think my Wiki is suffering from the MediaWiki upgrade
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4297 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Look at Long Sword (weapon) from the Golden Sun Wiki (in monobook, at least). How do I fix these templates so they are adjusted to the right? --Thenewguy34(Other) 11:17, July 12, 2012 (UTC)

It looks like the wrapper of class "WikiaArticle" is missing. That's why this rule no longer has an effect:
.WikiaArticle .infobox {
     background-color: #F2F2F2;
     border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
     clear: right;
     color: #3A3A3A;
     float: right;
     margin-bottom: 0.5em;
     margin-left: 1em;
     padding: 0.2em;
}

You should report this to Special:Contact. The Wikia people will probably want to fix this. For the time being you can fix this yourself by modifying the rule a little bit and adding it to your w:c:GoldenSun:MediaWiki:Wikia.css:
#mw-content-text .infobox {
     background-color: #F2F2F2;
     border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
     clear: right;
     color: #3A3A3A;
     float: right;
     margin-bottom: 0.5em;
     margin-left: 1em;
     padding: 0.2em;
}

--  pecoes  12:42, July 12, 2012 (UTC) 
EDIT: Oops. I meant w:c:GoldenSun:MediaWiki:Monobook.css of course ;) --  pecoes  12:48, July 12, 2012 (UTC) 

The monobook on Wiki 24 has gone all wrong as well after this upgrade. The background colour has gone completely white, so we have white text on white background: is there something in the mediawiki page that is now deprecated? Thanks!--Category:Acer4666 12:55, July 12, 2012 (UTC)

I just sent the problem to Special:Contact for the Golden Sun Wiki. As for Wiki 24, I hope your question gets solved. --Thenewguy34(Other) 13:33, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
For Monobook, use div#footer instead of #footer, and div#content instead of #footer, etc. --··· d·day! 13:45, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
http://24.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Monobook.css?action=raw does not load. Apparently a lot of wikis have exactly the same problem after the update. Staff might be aware of the problem, but you should still contact them. --  pecoes  13:51, July 12, 2012 (UTC) 
I fixed most of my css problems with an !important but yeah, the upgrade broke a lot of stuff. I'm mostly concerned with how the upgrade seems to have broken a large portion of my personal js--GodPray  16:32,7/12/2012 
Are you sure the JS even loads? --  pecoes  16:42, July 12, 2012 (UTC) 
Yes, I am positive that it loads. The AjaxRC tick box appears and my chat is formatted like IRC as defined by User:Godisme/Chat.css. My fast delete buttons also appear. However, the buttons do nothing, Ajax RC sometimes appears, sometimes doesnt and even when it does appear, its not a guarentee that it will actually do what it is supposed to do. Even when I load js with the console, it isn't working.--GodPray  16:53,7/12/2012 
Then your problem is probably similar or even the same as Thenewguy34's. Some jQuery selector or another comes back empty because the class or id it relies on, no longer exists. That's only an educated guess though. You should report this to the writers of those scripts! They should be able to tell you more. --  pecoes  17:05, July 12, 2012 (UTC) 
Ajax RC code for the Fallout wiki has been updated for MediaWiki 1.19, if anyone wants to use this one in the meantime. --··· d·day! 17:33, July 12, 2012 (UTC)

(Reset indent) @Godisme: Can you disable AjaxRC for a while, so I can test it myself? Oh, and you where talking about the Bleach wiki, right? --  pecoes  19:23, July 12, 2012 (UTC)  --  pecoes  19:23, July 12, 2012 (UTC) 

The bulk of my problems take place on w:c:bleach.answers--GodPray  20:09,7/12/2012 
I've tested AjaxRC for about an hour now on your wiki. I only tested from the console, but that should not make any difference. Everything works fine from the looks of it. It seems however that Wikia's servers fail to respond to the requests for updates rather frequently. That's consistent with the abysmal response times and outright failures I've seen all day long. Does that describe your problem? Or is there another issue? --  pecoes  22:42, July 12, 2012 (UTC) 
Thats how it is on Bleach Wiki but on Bleach answers, the tick box does not even appear.--GodPray  23:28,7/12/2012 
Hm. I just created w:c:bleach.answers:User:Pecoes/wikia.js‎ and it works fine for me. How and where do you load AjaxRC? --  pecoes  00:51, July 13, 2012 (UTC) 
Its loaded from my global js--GodPray  01:00,7/13/2012 

(Reset indent) That could be a Reference Error. You pass CustomRollbacks as a parameter to AjaxRC before actually declaring it. --  pecoes  01:16, July 13, 2012 (UTC) 

Can we go back to the "wrapper" discussion for a moment please? I don't see that the WikiaContent div had a wrapper in 1.16? Godisme et al, can you give me the exact class name you think is missing? --daNASCAT 19:39, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
That "wrapper" thing was a wild guess of mine and a wrong one at that. It does not look like Thenewguy34's problem had anything to do with the upgrade after all. The same is true for Godisme - albeit in a different way. He had a bunch of unrelated errors in his global.js which caused AjaxRC to fail. I'm still waiting for his confirmation, but it very much looks as if that was the problem... --  pecoes  21:37, July 13, 2012 (UTC)