Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests I can't get the spam black list to work.
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2983 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Read title, then go here to my spam black list to see the problem, -http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki%3ASpam_Blacklist. --TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 23:52, August 19, 2011 (UTC)

What exactly do you think is wrong with the blacklist? Can you give an example of it not working the way you think it should? --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 03:23, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Alright, I checked the history of this page, which I assume is what you are referring to. I think you should read about how the Spam blacklist is supposed to work on MediaWiki: MW:Extension:SpamBlacklist. If you read it, you will understand that the blacklist is only meant to check for strings of characters within urls. And that is assuming that Wikia even has the extension enabled and set up in a way that local communities can customize their own lists. I see nothing to indicate that in Wikia's help pages. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 03:41, August 20, 2011 (UTC)