Community Central
Community Central
(New page: {{Forumheader|Community Central Forum}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please use Special…)

No edit summary

(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:

I'm from the [http://skulduggery.wikia.com Skulduggery Pleasant Wiki], and i was wonder how you set up an IRC channel for a wiki. could you help us out? '''[[User:Kingbirdy|<font color="red">King</font>]][[User talk:Kingbirdy|<font color="black">birdy</font>]]''' 21:47, July 9, 2010 (UTC)

I'm from the [http://skulduggery.wikia.com Skulduggery Pleasant Wiki], and i was wonder how you set up an IRC channel for a wiki. could you help us out? '''[[User:Kingbirdy|<font color="red">King</font>]][[User talk:Kingbirdy|<font color="black">birdy</font>]]''' 21:47, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
  +
:Most of the wikis have channels on Freenode, "creating" a channel on there is pretty easy, once you get on the server just type "/join #wikia-skulduggery" and you're in a new channel (unless someone else did it first). Then you can register it with ChanServ to preserve your ownership, use "/msg chanserv help" for help once you get in. Hope that helps. --{{User:Pcj/sig}} 22:25, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
  +
::well I was able to set up the channel, but now it says I'm not logged in when try and register it. '''[[User:Kingbirdy|<font color="red">King</font>]][[User talk:Kingbirdy|<font color="black">birdy</font>]]''' 22:41, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
  +
:::Oh, you have to register your personal nickname with NickServ first, type "/msg nickserv help register" for help. Then to "log in" each time you come on the server, you'll need to type "/msg nickserv identify <password>". --{{User:Pcj/sig}} 22:40, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
  +
::::It worked! thank you very much! '''[[User:Kingbirdy|<font color="red">King</font>]][[User talk:Kingbirdy|<font color="black">birdy</font>]]''' 22:46, July 9, 2010 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 22:46, 9 July 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum How to start an IRC channel
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5033 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm from the Skulduggery Pleasant Wiki, and i was wonder how you set up an IRC channel for a wiki. could you help us out? Kingbirdy 21:47, July 9, 2010 (UTC)

Most of the wikis have channels on Freenode, "creating" a channel on there is pretty easy, once you get on the server just type "/join #wikia-skulduggery" and you're in a new channel (unless someone else did it first). Then you can register it with ChanServ to preserve your ownership, use "/msg chanserv help" for help once you get in. Hope that helps. --Pcj (TC) 22:25, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
well I was able to set up the channel, but now it says I'm not logged in when try and register it. Kingbirdy 22:41, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
Oh, you have to register your personal nickname with NickServ first, type "/msg nickserv help register" for help. Then to "log in" each time you come on the server, you'll need to type "/msg nickserv identify <password>". --Pcj (TC) 22:40, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
It worked! thank you very much! Kingbirdy 22:46, July 9, 2010 (UTC)