Community Central
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Forumheader|Support Requests}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@fandom.com to be sure of a staff reply. --> Not sure if this is the right place for this: I'm wondering how to make the color of a word in a sentence be the link color of the wiki, I don't want to link it to get the link color, I want to make it the color of a link automa...")

No edit summary

Line 4: Line 4:

Not sure if this is the right place for this: I'm wondering how to make the color of a word in a sentence be the link color of the wiki, I don't want to link it to get the link color, I want to make it the color of a link automatically (so that if I change the color of the links on the wiki again, I don't have to change the color manually to correlate with the wiki link color). I have this: '''<nowiki><sup>''(<span style="color: var(--theme-link-color);"><abbr title="Back-up this information with a sourced reference!">cite a source!</abbr></span>)''</sup></nowiki>''', which will produce this <sup>''(<span style="color: var(--theme-link-color);"><abbr title="Back-up this information with a sourced reference!">cite a source!</abbr></span>)''</sup>, and I want to have the color of that be [[w:c:yungblud:YUNGBLUD Wiki|my wiki link color]] without needing to link it. [[User:LegitPLLGirl|- LegitPLLGirl]] ([[User talk:LegitPLLGirl|talk]]) 07:20, 13 June 2022 (UTC)

Not sure if this is the right place for this: I'm wondering how to make the color of a word in a sentence be the link color of the wiki, I don't want to link it to get the link color, I want to make it the color of a link automatically (so that if I change the color of the links on the wiki again, I don't have to change the color manually to correlate with the wiki link color). I have this: '''<nowiki><sup>''(<span style="color: var(--theme-link-color);"><abbr title="Back-up this information with a sourced reference!">cite a source!</abbr></span>)''</sup></nowiki>''', which will produce this <sup>''(<span style="color: var(--theme-link-color);"><abbr title="Back-up this information with a sourced reference!">cite a source!</abbr></span>)''</sup>, and I want to have the color of that be [[w:c:yungblud:YUNGBLUD Wiki|my wiki link color]] without needing to link it. [[User:LegitPLLGirl|- LegitPLLGirl]] ([[User talk:LegitPLLGirl|talk]]) 07:20, 13 June 2022 (UTC)
  +
  +
: CSS variables don't work inline, but you can use wiki CSS to apply the color to a class which you can add to the &lt;abbr&gt; tag or import [[w:c:dev:ThemeColorClasses|Dev Wiki's ThemeColorClasses]] which create those classes for you. {{raw::w:User:Caburum/sig}} 00:29, 24 June 2022 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 00:29, 24 June 2022

Forums: Index Support Requests How to make a font color be theme link color?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 665 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Not sure if this is the right place for this: I'm wondering how to make the color of a word in a sentence be the link color of the wiki, I don't want to link it to get the link color, I want to make it the color of a link automatically (so that if I change the color of the links on the wiki again, I don't have to change the color manually to correlate with the wiki link color). I have this: <sup>''(<span style="color: var(--theme-link-color);"><abbr title="Back-up this information with a sourced reference!">cite a source!</abbr></span>)''</sup>, which will produce this (cite a source!), and I want to have the color of that be my wiki link color without needing to link it. - LegitPLLGirl (talk) 07:20, 13 June 2022 (UTC)

CSS variables don't work inline, but you can use wiki CSS to apply the color to a class which you can add to the <abbr> tag or import Dev Wiki's ThemeColorClasses which create those classes for you. 28 Caburum ✉︎📄︎💬︎ 00:29, 24 June 2022 (UTC)