Community Central
Register
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk How do you create new page
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 6145 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Ive, got lost with the new changes. I used to create a fresh page by typing the title in the search box and pressing go. When it didnt find it it allowed me to create the new page. This doesnt happen with the new search arangements.How do I need to do now if I dont want to take a link from an existing page?Dr Joe Kiff 11:44, 1 June 2007 (UTC)

Yeah, the search engine will have some updates that allow you to create a page by using it, please be patient. :)
Anyway, to create a new page, you could use a local sandbox, create a temporary redlink there, click "show preview" and click the redlink to start a new article without saving your modifications to the sandbox.
Or alternatively, you can use the WYSIWYG editor, at Special:Createpage. Note that Special:Createpage exists only on Wikia running MediaWiki 1.10alpha. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 11:53, 1 June 2007 (UTC)