Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
m (Removing redlinks.)
Tag: apiedit

Line 4: Line 4:

How do i create a blue word that links to another page? {{Unsigned|Shaun Goold}}

How do i create a blue word that links to another page? {{Unsigned|Shaun Goold}}
*Hi, Shawn. To create an internal link on a wiki to another page you encase a word in two square brackets on either side, <nowiki>[[like this]]</nowiki>. So, to create a link to Sport here on Central, it shows up as [[Sport]] when you add the brackets around it. Also, you might wish to take a look at Wikia's basic help page for editing, which can be found at [[w:c:help:Help:Editing|Help:Editing]]. Hope that helps, [[User:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray;">'''Greyman'''</span>]] [[Image:Logo-Sysop.gif|15px|This user is a Central administrator]] <sup>[[User talk:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Talk''']]</span> &bull; [[Special:Emailuser/Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Email''']]</span></sup> 21:28, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
+
*Hi, Shawn. To create an internal link on a wiki to another page you encase a word in two square brackets on either side, <nowiki>[[like this]]</nowiki>. So, to create a link to Sport here on Central, it shows up as Sport when you add the brackets around it. Also, you might wish to take a look at Wikia's basic help page for editing, which can be found at [[w:c:help:Help:Editing|Help:Editing]]. Hope that helps, [[User:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray;">'''Greyman'''</span>]] [[Image:Logo-Sysop.gif|15px|This user is a Central administrator]] <sup>[[User talk:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Talk''']]</span> &bull; [[Special:Emailuser/Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Email''']]</span></sup> 21:28, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

:Actually, [[Help:Links]] would probably answer his linking questions. --[[User:Uberfuzzy|Uberfuzzy]]<staff /> 06:12, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

:Actually, [[Help:Links]] would probably answer his linking questions. --[[User:Uberfuzzy|Uberfuzzy]]<staff /> 06:12, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

::Yup, you're right &mdash; and [[Help:Links]] is also linked to from [[Help:Editing]]. I just thought he might be looking for a general walkthrough ;) [[User:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray;">'''Greyman'''</span>]] [[Image:Logo-Sysop.gif|15px|This user is a Central administrator]] <sup>[[User talk:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Talk''']]</span> &bull; [[Special:Emailuser/Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Email''']]</span></sup> 00:48, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

::Yup, you're right &mdash; and [[Help:Links]] is also linked to from [[Help:Editing]]. I just thought he might be looking for a general walkthrough ;) [[User:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray;">'''Greyman'''</span>]] [[Image:Logo-Sysop.gif|15px|This user is a Central administrator]] <sup>[[User talk:Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Talk''']]</span> &bull; [[Special:Emailuser/Greyman|<span style="color:DimGray">'''Email''']]</span></sup> 00:48, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 22:48, 30 May 2016

Forums: Index Help desk How do i create a blue word that links to another page
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2881 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

How do i create a blue word that links to another page? —This unsigned comment is by Shaun Goold (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

• Hi, Shawn. To create an internal link on a wiki to another page you encase a word in two square brackets on either side, [[like this]]. So, to create a link to Sport here on Central, it shows up as Sport when you add the brackets around it. Also, you might wish to take a look at Wikia's basic help page for editing, which can be found at Help:Editing. Hope that helps, Greyman This user is a Central administrator TalkEmail 21:28, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Actually, Help:Links would probably answer his linking questions. --Uberfuzzy 06:12, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Yup, you're right — and Help:Links is also linked to from Help:Editing. I just thought he might be looking for a general walkthrough ;) Greyman This user is a Central administrator TalkEmail 00:48, 17 April 2009 (UTC)