Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk How can I get more options put onto Special:Booksources?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5841 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm the Cloakmaster...er I mean Bureaucrat... over at Spelljammer Wiki and have recently been using the Special:Booksources link to provide people with links to buy out of print Spelljammer products listed in the wiki.

However, I've noticed that the options that Special:Booksources provides are only useful to people in the USA:

AddALL (defaults to USA searches for Alaska) PriceSCAN (don't know as it couldn't find anything) Barnes & Noble (seems to be a US online bookstore) Amazon.com (is the US version of Amazon)

While these are useful to anyone from the USA that wants to search my wiki, they don't help people from other countries.

How can I get some more book search pages (especially non-US ones) added to "Special:Booksources"?

The ones I'm most interested in are:

Amazon.co.uk (the UK version of Amazon) Amazon.ca (the Canadian version of Amazon) find-book.co.uk (a UK book price comparison service)

(Here is an example of a find-book.co.uk URL http://www.find-book.co.uk/1560763485.htm as you can see the URL is the homepage URL, followed by the ISBN number with '.htm' added to the end.)

My wiki is in English, so I'd personally be mostly interested in adding resources for English speaking countries (Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, etc), but I'm certain that there are some non-English people reading English wikis. So I'd also be happy for the Special:Booksources page to have other useful book location (or book price comparison) websites on it.

If this page is a global page (that is used across wikia.com) then I think that it might be worth having some sort of discussion to pick useful websites that give information about ISBN numbers.David Shepheard 18:55, 21 April 2008 (UTC)