Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index General Discussion Hiding sidebar on certain pages
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4315 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I remember that there is a way, but it skipped my mind. How can I hide the Wikia sidebar and add a text-area background to certain, important pages other than the Main Page, such as the Community Portal? — Pikapi (ChatWhat's up) 23:50, June 25, 2012 (UTC)

If I read the ToU correctly, you can't for the majority of pages. It's technically possible through use of MediaWiki pages, but removing the modules violate the aforementioned terms and thus can't be done for all users. This applies to all pages that have adverts.
However, you can set up a namespace that has no ads. Seeing as this is your community page, you could add it to your project namespace, which is defaulted to WIKINAME wiki, although it can be changed through Special:Contact. I'm not entirely sure whether this lack of adverts is default or has to be requested, but if it's the latter then contacting staff is the way forward. User:Cåm/Signature
You mean that there isn't an exception on certain pages? I'm not talking about removing the sidebar on every page, I am aware of how I could do that, I'm just wondering if I can do this for the Community Portal. Even if I can't remove the sidebar, can you tell me what to enter if I want to change the text-area background image? — Pikapi (ChatWhat's up) 12:45, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
Like I said the easiest way is to move the Community Portal to the project namespace and go from there. For the text area (I assume you're talking in terms of CSS here) the element is .WikiaArticle which can be altered through your wiki's MediaWiki:Common.css to change the background colour:
.WikiaArticle {
background-color:#ffffff
}

Which would change the background colour to white. You can change the colour code to a named colour or a rgb variant if you prefer. Hopefully this is what you mean. User:Cåm/Signature

Once again, removing ads isn't what I was looking for, so forget it, I guess. As for changing the background image, that is also not what I am looking for. I want to know how to change the text-area background image on specific pages, for instance, the Community Portal. Where the background is different than what I have on other pages. — Pikapi (ChatWhat's up) 14:59, June 26, 2012 (UTC)