Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 6: Line 6:

::Do you know how I can apply the info you linked me to on infoboxes? And yeah, I know. {{User:IamJakuhoRaikoben/Sig2|15:45,10/7/2011}}

::Do you know how I can apply the info you linked me to on infoboxes? And yeah, I know. {{User:IamJakuhoRaikoben/Sig2|15:45,10/7/2011}}
  +
  +
:::An infobox is just another table/div block, which can be made collapsible by adding an appropriate style classes. So:
  +
  +
<pre style="margin-left:72px">
  +
<div class="NavFrame">
  +
<div class="NavHead">Infobox header</div>
  +
<div class="NavContent">Infobox content</div>
  +
</div>
  +
</pre>
  +
  +
:::gives:
  +
  +
<div class="NavFrame" style="margin-left:72px">
  +
  +
  +
</div>
  +
  +
:::and
  +
  +
<pre style="margin-left:72px">
  +
{|class="collapsible collapsed"
  +
!Infobox header
  +
|-
  +
|Infobox content
  +
|}
  +
</pre>
  +
  +
:::gives:
  +
  +
{|class="collapsible collapsed" style="margin-left:72px"
  +
!Infobox header
  +
|-
  +
|Infobox content
  +
|}
  +
  +
:::From there you can work to add additional tables/cells/blocks/headings etc. to expand the infobox. <span style="font-size:125%; font-weight:bold; font-family:Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-shadow:0 0 0.05em #646464">— [[User:Sovq|Sovq]]</span> 16:06, October 7, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 16:06, 7 October 2011

Forums: Index Support Requests Help with Collapsible Infoboxes
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4577 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I've been trying for weeks to make an Infobox template collapse, but it's not worked out for me at all. With that being said, let's say for instance that I wanted to have all the info under the Proffessional Status heading on this template to collapse, would this be possible? If so, can anyone help me out with the coding necessary.  Iam...JakuhoRaikoben  00:10,10/7/2011 

You're using an import from the dev wiki for collapsible elements. There's a good ShowHide tutorial there, which contains all the info you need to know. Also, keep in mind that the preview mode currently doesn't load javascript, which means that you will never see collapsibility in preview and will have to save changes to actually see if it works. Sovq 06:57, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
Do you know how I can apply the info you linked me to on infoboxes? And yeah, I know.  Iam...JakuhoRaikoben  15:45,10/7/2011 
An infobox is just another table/div block, which can be made collapsible by adding an appropriate style classes. So:
<div class="NavFrame">
</div>
gives:
and
{|class="collapsible collapsed"
!Infobox header
|-
|Infobox content
|}
gives:
From there you can work to add additional tables/cells/blocks/headings etc. to expand the infobox. Sovq 16:06, October 7, 2011 (UTC)