Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
m (oops)
Line 43: Line 43:

--{{User:Whistle9/Sig2}} 18:48, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

--{{User:Whistle9/Sig2}} 18:48, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
  +

@Math: That indeed is what I meant. Oopsies. :( <span style="font-family:Mistral">[[User:Catuse167|Cat]]</span> 21:30, April 23, 2012 (UTC)

@Math: That indeed is what I meant. Oopsies. :( <span style="font-family:Mistral">[[User:Catuse167|Cat]]</span> 21:30, April 23, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 21:32, 23 April 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Help With Template:Hidden
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4378 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello. Is there a way to set up the Hidden template so that content inside is hidden automatically, rather than shown automatically?

Thank you,

--Whistle9 (Talk) 17:09, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

I'm not sure what this would be used for, but it's not hard. Just put this in {{hidden}}:
<div style="display:none;">{{{1}}}</div>

Cat 17:19, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Thanks. But where specifically?

--Whistle9 (Talk) 17:24, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

@Catuse: I think you meant style="display:none;" rather than class="display:none;", I fixed it for you.
@Whistle: The <div style="display:none;">{{{1}}}</div> code would make content permanently invisible. But if you look at the existing {{hidden}} template here on Community Central, it actually uses a collapsible navframe with show/hide. Or, perhaps you want a collapsible table such as this:
^Is this what you want? — Mathmagician 18:06, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Alright, I’ve just taken a look at it. The hidden template here works how I would like my own wiki’s version to, but is there any way to move the text to the left? So that I have:

Click "show" to see XXX. [show]

Rather than:

Click "show" to see XXX. [show]

--Whistle9 (Talk) 18:26, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Sure. That's done with CSS, i.e. text-align: left; If you know enough about CSS / how the template works you can probably figure it out from there. If you need more specific help, you'll have to link to your template on your wiki. — Mathmagician 18:41, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Okay, that’s worked. Thank you for your help.

--Whistle9 (Talk) 18:48, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

@Math: That indeed is what I meant. Oopsies. :( Cat 21:30, April 23, 2012 (UTC)