Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
(unsigned)
Line 40: Line 40:

</pre>

</pre>

Hum... On second thought, never mind. The templates that wiki is using were not well designed and you aren't using HTML. I'll keep away from that thing.
+
Hum... On second thought, never mind. The templates that wiki is using were not well designed and you aren't using HTML. I'll keep away from that thing. <span style="font-size:85%;">—This [[w:c:help:Help:Signature|unsigned]] comment is by [[User:Nidek|Nidek]] ([[User talk:Nidek|talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/Nidek|contribs]]) . Please sign your posts with ~~<nowiki>~~</nowiki>!</span>

Revision as of 23:59, 4 August 2011

Forums: Index Support Requests Help Expanding Table
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4641 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I want to expand a table for my Wiki, but I have no idea how to do it? Is it possible to modify the margins? Can I put in an expand button? I'm not sure how to do either, so any help is appreciated!

Link is here: http://survivorfanfics.wikia.com/wiki/Survivor%3A_Nicaragua_Fanfic —This unsigned comment is by Mr X819 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

How exactly do you want it to expand? Width wise? Or make it collapse? – zzi 22:52, August 4, 2011 (UTC)

Do you mean the last table? You want to make it wider? You probably should start by using the same as in the other tables, at the start put:

{|class="wikitable" style="margin:auto; text-align:center"

Hum... Since that table is going to have the other episodes as the show goes on, there is not much point in bothering about it, just put the other episode numbers at the top and leave the right side of the table empty or with only a "-".

Another option is to copy the table from one of the other seasons, for example, http://survivorfanfics.wikia.com/wiki/Survivor_All-Stars:_Samoa_Fanfic. In fact I think you should have copied one of the other pages.

You can also set the widths of each column on a table, like so:

{|class="wikitable" style="text-align:center"
!
!bgcolor="#efefef" colspan="4"|Original Tribes
|-
|Episode #:
|align="center" colspan=3|1
|align="center"|2
|-
|Voted Out:
| style="width:6%;"| {{stribe|laflor|Kelly S.<br>No Vote<sup>'''1'''</sup>}}
| style="width:6%;"| {{stribe|espada|Jimmy J.<br>No Vote<sup>'''1'''</sup>}}
| style="width:6%;"| {{stribe|espada|Holly<br>5/9 Votes}}
| style="width:6%;"| {{stribe|espada|Yve<br>6/8 Votes}}
|-

Hum... On second thought, never mind. The templates that wiki is using were not well designed and you aren't using HTML. I'll keep away from that thing. —This unsigned comment is by Nidek (talkcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!