Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Go search broken?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4207 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is GO-search broken? I'm getting the search results page instead of going directly to the page I want (yes, go search is set in my preferences, I confirmed it after it started going to the results page) This is particularly annoying with non-content pages, since they don't show up reliably in the search results. (special pages, templates, categories, etc)

-- ForestMonthZero (talk) 06:06, October 11, 2012 (UTC)

Confirmed.--PedroM (talk) 07:53, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
Me too. I think Special:Contact/bug is the best option here.~ Ultimate Supreme talk · wiki I · wiki II  08:04, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
I turned this option on in my preferences a few hours ago and used it a couple of minutes ago at w:c:bloons and I think it's fixed. SW8573WCE 10:04, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
It's only working intermittently now... none of the special pages load, and other stuff only sometimes come up. -- ForestMonthZero (talk) 11:23, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
It doesn't work on my home wiki now. The page even display a "create the article $1" (under Monobook, of course, that link doesn't exist on oasis) and when you click on it the page IS there! --Category:Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 19:36, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, all! We've identified the problem and this should be fixed next week. - BertH (help forum | blog) 18:42, October 12, 2012 (UTC)

Observations

Feel free to add your own.

1. Does work
    1. User sub-pages
    2. Interwiki/Interlanguage queries
  2. Does not work
    1. Special pages
    2. Redirects
    3. prefix-less queries (eg, calling a Category page without "Category:"; this definitely used to work)
    4. Regardless go searches (for namespaces MediaWiki and User, search would take me always to even non-existent pages)
  3. Works at times
    1. Content namespaces (ie, Namespaces that show up in search results?)
    2. prefix-less queries work for some (↑content?) namespaces
    3. User pages.
  4. Specific queries
    1. On this wiki, a search for "user:avatar" takes me to Help:Avatars.
    2. on this wiki, "customizing conobook" to Help:Customizing Monobook