Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary

Line 14: Line 14:

::::::I think Griffin used the basic editor this time, and it still did it. [[w:c:htmlcss:User_talk:SSgtGriffin#Ghost_.22vandalism.22|Here]]'s our discussion; his response about using the basic editor was somewhat ambiguous so I'm awaiting clarification. --[[User:Jesdisciple|Jesdisciple]] ([[User talk:Jesdisciple|talk]]) 11:14, July 5, 2010 (UTC)

::::::I think Griffin used the basic editor this time, and it still did it. [[w:c:htmlcss:User_talk:SSgtGriffin#Ghost_.22vandalism.22|Here]]'s our discussion; his response about using the basic editor was somewhat ambiguous so I'm awaiting clarification. --[[User:Jesdisciple|Jesdisciple]] ([[User talk:Jesdisciple|talk]]) 11:14, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::::::Apparently he did use the basic editor at some point or other and it did trigger the bug... See the discussion (and the one below it) for his explanations. --[[User:Jesdisciple|Jesdisciple]] ([[User talk:Jesdisciple|talk]]) 05:43, July 10, 2010 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 05:43, 10 July 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Ghost "vandalism"
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5032 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello. There is apparently a ghost in the wiki software who is vandalizing this talk page! =O See [1] [2] [3] and [4] for my edits correcting this stuff; one of the problems was introduced during my previous posting. Since I don't know of a Wikia bug tracker, I'm using the forum as such. --Jesdisciple (talk) 01:30, July 4, 2010 (UTC)

What does this "vandalism" do? All I see in those edits is you removing a space from a URL, is it this space that continues being added? RandomTime 01:42, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Woops, I forgot this one: [5] (duplicated section) That's the one where the problem was introduced in my edit. And yes, the space was the original issue. Sorry I didn't specify that; I'm in a rush and didn't compare my post to a "correct" bug report until after posting. --Jesdisciple (talk) 02:17, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Which editor are you using? The Rich Text Editor or the regular one? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 9:47 PM PST 3 Jul 2010
Regular - I can't stand RTEs/WYSIWYGs. Every time SSgtGriffin edits his talk page, the space is added; I don't know which editor he's using, although I'll ask. The duplicated section was particularly bizarre, especially from my perspective; I had just responded and removed the space, and my changes were gone! Oh, wait - wrong copy. --Jesdisciple (talk) 11:49, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
It seems very strange, I'd say it's a bug somewhere in saving. Either on the server end, or when a user makes an edit on the client end (with extra editing tools, or even the RTE). -- RandomTime 12:02, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
I think Griffin used the basic editor this time, and it still did it. Here's our discussion; his response about using the basic editor was somewhat ambiguous so I'm awaiting clarification. --Jesdisciple (talk) 11:14, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
Apparently he did use the basic editor at some point or other and it did trigger the bug... See the discussion (and the one below it) for his explanations. --Jesdisciple (talk) 05:43, July 10, 2010 (UTC)