Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
Line 6: Line 6:

Any help with those two questions would be greatly appreciated. --[[User:DaNASCAT|DaNASCAT]] 20:42, 11 February 2009 (UTC)

Any help with those two questions would be greatly appreciated. --[[User:DaNASCAT|DaNASCAT]] 20:42, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
  +
  +
:I don't know about the image question in tables, as I don't know if MediaWiki allows it (it does allow inline CSStyling, but I don't know if it would allow inline CSStyling with images as opposed to the kind with replacing the monaco header...). That said, it should be allowed...<br />As for the three, it needs converting into either an svg or a png. The former is generally the better choice. --[[User:Sky2042|Sky]] ([[User talk:Sky2042#top|talk]]) 00:14, 12 February 2009 (UTC)

Revision as of 00:14, 12 February 2009

Forums: Index Help desk Front Page Redesign - Graphic Help Requested
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5545 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, guys. I've been working on a sleeker look for The Third Turn's front page, and have been trying to create a theme. I'm pretty close to what I want, but I need a little technology/software help for some things I don't have the software for. If anyone would be so kind as to help me with the main task - I would like every arrow and the actual site logo (the giant 3) to be trimmed down so that instead of white space being revealed if the background is dark, that it looks like a little white edge is instead surrounding the image. I don't honestly know what that's called, but I know it'd be an svg file (ex. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:General_Mills.svg)

The other question is this. Is it possible to have a table have a background image, instead of color? Like how the Monaco header can instead be linked to a URL containing the image one wants to appear?

Any help with those two questions would be greatly appreciated. --DaNASCAT 20:42, 11 February 2009 (UTC)

I don't know about the image question in tables, as I don't know if MediaWiki allows it (it does allow inline CSStyling, but I don't know if it would allow inline CSStyling with images as opposed to the kind with replacing the monaco header...). That said, it should be allowed...
As for the three, it needs converting into either an svg or a png. The former is generally the better choice. --Sky (talk) 00:14, 12 February 2009 (UTC)