Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary

Line 18: Line 18:

:: I would also *love* to figure out how to revert to the left side navigation bar scheme, as the top bar navigator is huge, clumsy, and just doesn't present things cleanly. But the Theme designer & Layout builder do not show any options to change from this top of screen navigation bar. Anyone know how to fix this?

:: I would also *love* to figure out how to revert to the left side navigation bar scheme, as the top bar navigator is huge, clumsy, and just doesn't present things cleanly. But the Theme designer & Layout builder do not show any options to change from this top of screen navigation bar. Anyone know how to fix this?

:: Thanks [[User:Thorius91|Thorius91]] 22:51, November 23, 2011 (UTC)

:: Thanks [[User:Thorius91|Thorius91]] 22:51, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
  +
:::Featured article text looks like it's at [http://nordgame.wikia.com/wiki/Template:FA Template:FA] (I assume that's the wiki you're talking about?) --[[User:Tetrap|Tetrap]] 00:04, November 24, 2011 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 00:04, 24 November 2011

Forums: Index General Discussion Featured Article on homepage is an old copy of an article which never seems to update...
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4530 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

How do I go about changing which article is designated, on our landing page, as the "Featured Article"? Thanks.

Thorius91 03:50, November 22, 2011 (UTC)

What about inserting new text instead of the text on the main page?
Unless it's protected, you can edit it. If it's protected, contact administrators on the wiki (which can be easily discovered by using Special:Listadmins on the wiki you are working at in the search bar).
If there is no active admin (one which has logged in, in the last 6 months) you can opt for adoption. That however is bound to certain rules and takes time to get processed.
I am an admin for the site, however I am a beginner level as far as wiki customization... The featured article does not appear in the source for the landing page. I believe some template gizmo or site feature is in place and showing an old snapshot of the article being displayed. I simply do not know where to look to either remove the featured article gizmo or to update it to the current snapshot.
I would also *love* to figure out how to revert to the left side navigation bar scheme, as the top bar navigator is huge, clumsy, and just doesn't present things cleanly. But the Theme designer & Layout builder do not show any options to change from this top of screen navigation bar. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks Thorius91 22:51, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
Featured article text looks like it's at Template:FA (I assume that's the wiki you're talking about?) --Tetrap 00:04, November 24, 2011 (UTC)