Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
(No difference)

Revision as of 02:41, 16 February 2007

Forums: Index Watercooler Experimental Advanced Templates
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 6272 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

A number of time's I've created advanced templates for wikia I admin/edit which basically replace a number of old templates with one which can do more than the originals. Some examples would be my delete template which replaces both afd and delete (Examples at The Gaiapedia, Naruto, InuYasha, and EN Anime), my dual-purpose spoilers template which combines spoilers and spoilers-end into one, and my multi-use cc and pd templates which replace PD-user, PD-self, PD-old, and combine all the templates for the different CC lincenses into one (Examples at PD: EN Anime CC: EN Anime and The Gaiapedia).

The only new tecnique I've experimented with that I've moved to the Central Wiki is the project on a better Babel template system.

Perhaps we should start a page, wiki, and/or forum for people from different wikia to contribute new types of templates which might be able to replace the old standards of tecniques with new ones which could then be brought into other wikia which may want to use them. Perhaps Wikia Experimental Tecniques Project, Forum:Tecniques, and http://tecniques.wikia.com Dantman (Talk) 02:41, 16 February 2007 (UTC)