Community Central
Community Central
m (Removing redlinks.)
Tag: apiedit
m (Removing redlinks.)
Tag: apiedit

Line 6: Line 6:

The only new tecnique I've experimented with that I've moved to the Central Wiki is the project on a better [[Template:Babel|Babel]] template system.

The only new tecnique I've experimented with that I've moved to the Central Wiki is the project on a better [[Template:Babel|Babel]] template system.

Perhaps we should start a page, wiki, and/or forum for people from different wikia to contribute new types of templates which might be able to replace the old standards of tecniques with new ones which could then be brought into other wikia which may want to use them. Perhaps [[Wikia Experimental Tecniques Project]], Forum:Tecniques, and http://tecniques.wikia.com [[User:Dantman|Dantman]] ([[User talk:Dantman|Talk]]) 02:41, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
+
Perhaps we should start a page, wiki, and/or forum for people from different wikia to contribute new types of templates which might be able to replace the old standards of tecniques with new ones which could then be brought into other wikia which may want to use them. Perhaps Wikia Experimental Tecniques Project, Forum:Tecniques, and http://tecniques.wikia.com [[User:Dantman|Dantman]] ([[User talk:Dantman|Talk]]) 02:41, 16 February 2007 (UTC)

----

----

Latest revision as of 22:48, 30 May 2016

Forums: Index Watercooler Experimental Advanced Templates
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2868 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

A number of time's I've created advanced templates for wikia I admin/edit which basically replace a number of old templates with one which can do more than the originals. Some examples would be my delete template which replaces both afd and delete (Examples at The Gaiapedia, Naruto, InuYasha, and EN Anime), my dual-purpose spoiler template which combines spoilers and spoilers-end into one, and my multi-use cc and pd templates which replace PD-user, PD-self, PD-old, and combine all the templates for the different CC lincenses into one (Examples at PD: EN Anime CC: EN Anime and The Gaiapedia).

The only new tecnique I've experimented with that I've moved to the Central Wiki is the project on a better Babel template system.

Perhaps we should start a page, wiki, and/or forum for people from different wikia to contribute new types of templates which might be able to replace the old standards of tecniques with new ones which could then be brought into other wikia which may want to use them. Perhaps Wikia Experimental Tecniques Project, Forum:Tecniques, and http://tecniques.wikia.com Dantman (Talk) 02:41, 16 February 2007 (UTC)

Maybe this would be well suited for the Starter wiki? Good ideas for all-around useful templates and such. Scottch 07:54, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
Isn't that more for the current standards, instead of introducing new things. I don't see people freely adding new ideas to the starter wiki. Dantman (Talk) 08:30, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
The starter wiki's pages are mostly protected. It's not exactly the place for coming up with new tecniques. Also, I was thinking more along the lines of each tecnique having stuff placed in a tecniques wiki, where each tecnique also had a page detailing how to use the tecniques, what things are required on the wiki to use it, how to install it, and who can install it. Part of it almost like the Forum setup page here. An example of a listing of required things would be a page about adding the all-purpose PD and CC templates to a wikia where the templates, and all the images required for them would be listed. Dantman (Talk) 17:43, 17 February 2007 (UTC)

Copying Wikipedia templates

I'm probably not the first to copy Wikipedia templates; I've done a lot of it on several Wikia, such as genealogy:. Some of them seem awfully advanced to me! But I try to keep them as generic as possible so that other Wikia can just copy them. Does that spark any ideas? (Or maybe there's another forum dealing with that specifically - I'm only up to "E" in browsing the list!) Robin Patterson 12:54, 21 April 2007 (UTC)

I'm thinking a little more heavy duty then some of Wikipedia's. Wikipedia still keeps a large number of templates such as CC-by-sa in addition to others. And some of the ones I've made go as far as to include every possible CC license, and also throw in the normal, self, and user modes. If you were to go along with Wikipedia then you would have around 72 different templates, much of that having a bunch the same repeated text and content elements. I also combined afd and delete into one. In the WAP I use Template:AnimeNetwork and Anime:MediaWiki:Siteid to dish out a Sitename, Interwiki link custom to the current location, Home link custom to the current location, and location of that wiki's shared logo to make it so that all my templates can be shared through all the wiki in the project without a single modification. (Actually, if you look at my userpage, it's wiki independant. It's actually shared by bot). ~Dantman(talk) tricks Apr 22, 2007 @ 07:19 (UTC)

Implementing the experimental templates

Where? & When? can a finish experimental template can be request implementation? eg Template:Babel

How? for example the template babel is already ready with all the languages now all the templates its substituting are on user namespace so replacing would mean editing user pages so replacing would be intrusive? --Cizagna (Talk) 19:53, 25 April 2007 (UTC)