I'd like to create infoboxes for my wikia but I've no idea on how they work. I looked at wikipedia's info and it strikes me that I'm missing something. I can't seem to find any info that would indicate that wikia can do these.
Agrippa Sector 07:35, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
- Short answer: Wikia can do these.
- Medium answer: info boxes uses a "template" system, and each type of template box is its own template that needs to be written. Central Wikia does have a generic infobox at Template:Infobox that you can copy over to your wiki and use. Or you can describe how you want your infobox to look like, and someone may make it for you.
- Long technical answer: um, ask if you really really want to know.
- -PanSola 13:49, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
oh awesome. Thanks.
How hard is it to create ones own templates. I'd like one that is similar to this one but also the ability to make them myself.
Also one that went something like this
Title: Systems of Agrippa Image Name: Class: Sovereignty: Security status: header - habitat - header date goes here header - major exports - header data goes here
- Some people find it trivially easy, while some people can't figure out how to use templates (much less creating one). Generally speaking, if you know how to make tables in wiki and know how to make it float to the right, you should find the basics of it simple. But if you try to just copy a Wikipedia template straight over, the learning curve can be overwhelming because their templates often has evolved to be rather complex. Which wiki are you from? -PanSola 05:38, 11 February 2008 (UTC)