Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Deleting a page
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4695 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I created a page a few days ago, but i only noticed now that page already existed only with an incorrect title.

What i want is to erase my page and just edit/correct the older one, but when I go to the options I only get "Rename" and "History".

José (aka "El kricket") 21:21, June 6, 2011 (UTC)

You have to be an admin to delete pages.--GodPray  21:25,6/6/2011 
However, it sounds like you really just want to Rename it which is basically moving the page to the new name and optionally leaving a redirect behind on the old page to the new page name. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 6 Jun 2011 2:52 PM Pacific
That's right, but you won't be able to move (now called "rename") the page over an existing page (the one you created earlier). So you'll have to find a local administrator and ask him to delete it first.
The problem is... We're probably talking about Freezing Wiki? The only administrator of this wiki is Makri1993, he hasn't logged in since february. --Weas-El  23:53, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
That's right I'm talking about Freezing. Well I saw his message in another user's talk page but it was in March (that's more than 3 months). I don't got that many experience on wikia, but isn't there a way where I can take the position of admin? (thanks all for the help) --El_kricket 15:20, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
See Community Central:Adoption Requests -- RandomTime 15:26, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
My advice is move your recently created page to delete/name_of_the_recently_created_page then move the old page to give it the proper name.
When some administrator comes around he will find a bunch of pages in delete/* that he can delete or do whatever he wants.
 Nidek   (Talk) [[Special:Contributions/Nidek| Special:Editcount/Nidek edits made ]] 14:18, June 7, 2011 (UTC)
You can also request a page be deleted via w:c:freezing:Special:Contact if an active admin isn't available. It make some time for Wikia staff to get to the request, though. Sometimes simple requests like this happen quick. Make sure to put the URL of the page you want deleted with a good reason why. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7 Jun 2011 2:20 PM Pacific
Nidek: That's a really messy way of doing it, I'd encourage you not to -- RandomTime 15:26, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
I agree with RT.  Finchelfanno1 (talk / contribs)|03:40 pm,Jun/12/11