Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk Database Error
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5929 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I had this problem a month or so back, and after sending a mail to Wikia support and waiting for it, I figured I would post something here. Whenever I log into any Wikia other than my own, I have no problem viewing or posting as you can see here. However, when I log into the Wikia that I am a Sysop for The Skybrary, I get the following error.

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "wfWhosOnline_update_data". MySQL returned error "1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Firefox" Raginhart")' at line 1 (216.151.156.9)".

Any insight that anyone can provide would be much appreciated, as I would like to be able to edit my wiki under my username again. As a note, It is using Metawiki 1.2. --Hans "Firefox" Raginhart 17:45, 24 January 2008 (UTC)

It seems like the quotes on your username aren't escaped from the SQL query, what means that there's a SQL injection security issue here. It's strange because I could see now your username in w:c:skyrates:Special:WhosOnline, the page where seems that produces the error. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 19:28, 24 January 2008 (UTC)

Should be fixed now. Please check. -- Nef (talk) 22:17, 24 January 2008 (UTC)