Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk Creating a virtual currency
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5417 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm the creator of WikiStreets, which is basicly a text based virtual city, built by the users. A pretty intergral part of this concept would be a currency or economy, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? If it's impossible to do through the wiki itself, feel free to recommend other services, but i'm not looking to spend too much. Slackerlord 20:47, 7 June 2009 (UTC)

I the programing skills you mentioned elsewhere extend to JavaScript, (mine don't, unfortunately), you might be able to use it to create "buy me" buttons and a protected page as a database of funds and possessions of each user. As I don't know the limits of JavaScript, this is probably not possible, but if it is possible it could be a way to do what you want without using external applications. --Yoshord 22:18, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
It must be in some way integrated into MediaWiki itself, I think this problem is for those who know how to program MediaWiki extensions. –koisuru (talk) 11:19, 20 June 2009 (UTC)