Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 13: Line 13:

* Hi. The best place to either do that would be [http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Toughpigs/Create_a_new_article_-_feature_update_launching_next_week here] in the announcement blog, or (this is probably the fastest way) sending a message via [[Special:Contact]] from your wiki. I hope that helps! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]] <sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 20:12, April 8, 2010 (UTC)

* Hi. The best place to either do that would be [http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Toughpigs/Create_a_new_article_-_feature_update_launching_next_week here] in the announcement blog, or (this is probably the fastest way) sending a message via [[Special:Contact]] from your wiki. I hope that helps! - [[User:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">'''Brandon Rhea'''</font>]] <sup>[[User talk:Brandon Rhea|<font color="#1A2BBB">(talk)</font>]]</sup> 20:12, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
:Here's some code for disabling it:
  +
<pre> CreatePage.redLinkClick = function() {
  +
};</pre>
  +
  +
Copy all of this over into [[w:c:custombionicle:MediaWiki:Common.js]]. It'll disable the popup for all users, regardless of whether they have it set for the rest of Wikia or not. Be advised that you'll have to clear your cache so that the new JS is used in your browser. Hope this helps. '''[[User:RAN1|<font color="darkred">R</font>]][[User talk:RAN1|<font color="navy">A</font>]][[Special:Contributions/RAN1|<font color="darkgreen">N</font>]]<font color="black">1</font>''' 20:14, April 8, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 20:14, 8 April 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Create a new article pop-up
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5125 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

The people on my wiki, Custom Bionicles, have decided on the forums that the new "create new page" pop-up is unnecessary, annoying, and not very productive. The pop-up is not needed at all, and new users are misusing it, simply creating a completely empty page with the so-called "standard layout." Our wiki has a strict infobox policy, with infoboxes for everything, and we never have simply a thumbnail at the top of our pages, meaning that the "standard layout" is pointless anyway.

Therefore, I would like for someone to help me with this, give me some code I can put in the JS or something (I'm only good with HTML), and if someone can, their help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but if it isn't, could someone please correct me?

The Slicer 19:40, April 8, 2010 (UTC)

• Hi. The best place to either do that would be here in the announcement blog, or (this is probably the fastest way) sending a message via Special:Contact from your wiki. I hope that helps! - Brandon Rhea (talk) 20:12, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
Here's some code for disabling it:
 CreatePage.redLinkClick = function() {
};

Copy all of this over into w:c:custombionicle:MediaWiki:Common.js. It'll disable the popup for all users, regardless of whether they have it set for the rest of Wikia or not. Be advised that you'll have to clear your cache so that the new JS is used in your browser. Hope this helps. RAN1 20:14, April 8, 2010 (UTC)