Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Constant threatening harassment by user I keep banning. Help please
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4451 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I already emailed the wikia staff earlier today, but it says it can take days before they respond, and the weekend is coming up. I came back to Wikia and found that less than hour after I blocked the guy's previous IP address and rollbacked his harassment on two wikis, he had posted it yet again under a new IP address.

Can Wikia block all known IP proxies since no one uses proxies for wikia other than harassers?

If someone is blocked for obvious harassment on one wiki should they not be blocked from all of them?

Why is there not some faster way to report an abuser other than the usual email method?

After being blocked from the Gantz wikia he found another Wiki I created, the abuse wiki, for rape victims and whatnot, and vandalized various pages on it. [1]. He has twice under two different IP addresses vandalized the main page on that wiki. [2] I have just protected that page, and my user and talk page on the Gantz wiki from IP addresses. I'm thinking he'll just find another page to vandalize. Shouldn't administrators be able to block all IP address from a wikia under attack on their own, immediately when there is a problem, without having to wait for a staff member to reply? Dream Focus 23:33, February 10, 2012 (UTC)

Please contact Fandom Staff about it. Rappy 23:34, February 10, 2012 (UTC)

I did earlier today. No response yet other than the automatic message that says it'll take days to respond. Dream Focus 23:38, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
Then report the IPs/users to VSTF for the time being. If it's repeated vandalism, they can take care of that. If it's harrasment, only staff can deal with it. Rappy 23:46, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
We block proxies on a case-by-case basis, depending on what they're used for -- editing under a proxy is completely acceptable, aside from using it to get around a ban. User:Sactage/s.js 23:49, February 10, 2012 (UTC)