FANDOM

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Column Widths
FANDOM's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

50px-Replacement filing cabinet.svg

Note: This topic has been unedited for 1266 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is it possible to change the widths of columns? I noticed the column widths are not balanced on the main page but when used on another page, the widths change. What causes this? - Random-storykeeper (YELL AT IT) 00:33, February 4, 2012 (UTC)

I suggest you look at the page source for w:c:nitrome:Portal:Games. If you're counting the right side-bar as a column then it really isn't that the columns are balanced, it is just that one page has columns that match the width of the side-bar more closely than the other. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8 Feb 2012 5:00 PM Pacific
Oh, what I meant was that on the Wiki's main page, the right column is narrower than the left. I want that to be the case for the games portal, as having the columns balanced isn't looking that great. Is that possible? - Random-storykeeper (YELL AT IT) 06:38, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
Try changing the whole source to:
Sam Wang's block of code

Refresh
Suggest a featured article!

Purge for new featured media

Suggest a Battle!
Create your own top list!

Gear Icon Footer retired - see http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Introducing_New_Gaming_Footers

__NOTOC__ __NOEDITSECTION__

—This unsigned comment is by Sam Wang (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
The main pages use special wiki tags to columnize the page to allow for Wikia's ad placement in the top right. The columns are set to roughly 70%/30%. The other page you listed uses Wikia's pre-set column templates; Template:Col-begin, Template:Col-2 and Template:Col-end. You can change a column's size by changing the width attribute in the style parameter. For instance, to set up a table with two columns of equal size, you'd want to use !style="width: 50%"|Column info here for both of them. Rappy 07:18, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.