Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
m (→‎top: Collas(ible|ed) => mw-collaps(ible|ed).)
Tag: apiedit

(10 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 10: Line 10:

::Oh, what I meant was that on the Wiki's main page, the right column is narrower than the left. I want that to be the case for the games portal, as having the columns balanced isn't looking that great. Is that possible? - [[User:Random-storykeeper|Random-storykeeper]] <sup>([[User talk:Random-storykeeper|YELL AT IT]])</sup> 06:38, February 11, 2012 (UTC)

::Oh, what I meant was that on the Wiki's main page, the right column is narrower than the left. I want that to be the case for the games portal, as having the columns balanced isn't looking that great. Is that possible? - [[User:Random-storykeeper|Random-storykeeper]] <sup>([[User talk:Random-storykeeper|YELL AT IT]])</sup> 06:38, February 11, 2012 (UTC)

:::Try changing the whole source to:

:::Try changing the whole source to:
<pre style="margin-left:68px">
+
{| class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" style="margin-left:72px; border: 1px solid silver"
  +
!Sam Wang's block of code
</div>

<!--
+
|-
  +
|<!--

Line 19: Line 20:

<div style="width:50%; float:left">

<div style="width:50%; float:left">

+
[[File:Featured Article.png|link=Project:Featured Article]]

+
{{featuredarticleslots}}

:<small>{{*}} [http://nitrome.wikia.com/index.php?title=Nitrome_Wiki&action=purge Refresh]</small>

:<small>{{*}} [http://nitrome.wikia.com/index.php?title=Nitrome_Wiki&action=purge Refresh]</small>

:<small>{{*}} [[Project:Featured Article|Suggest a featured article!]]</small>

:<small>{{*}} [[Project:Featured Article|Suggest a featured article!]]</small>

+
[[File:Featured Media.png|link=]]

+
{{featuredmediaslots}}

:<small>{{*}} [http://nitrome.wikia.com/index.php?title=Nitrome_Wiki&action=purge Purge for new featured media]</small>

:<small>{{*}} [http://nitrome.wikia.com/index.php?title=Nitrome_Wiki&action=purge Purge for new featured media]</small>

+
[[File:Recent Activity.png|link=Special:WikiActivity]]

<activityfeed size=3 hideimages=true exclude="user,talk,forum,blog_talk,user_talk" />

<activityfeed size=3 hideimages=true exclude="user,talk,forum,blog_talk,user_talk" />

<br style="clear:both;" />

<br style="clear:both;" />

[[File:Battle of The Week.png|link=Top 10 list:Battle of the Week]]

{{Battle}}

:<small>{{*}} [[Top 10 list:Battle of the Week|Vote!]]</small>

:<small>{{*}} [[Top 10 list talk:Battle of the Week|Suggest a Battle!]]</small>

:<small>{{*}} [[Top 10 list:Battle of the Week/Previous Results|Previous Results]]</small>

[[File:Poll.png|link=Nitrome Wiki: Poll Results]]

<choose>

<option>

<poll>

What do you think about the quality of Nitrome's games?

They're getting better

They're getting worse

They're not getting better or worse

I don't mind, as long as they make more!

</poll>

</option><choose>

</choose>

<u>'''[[Nitrome Wiki: Poll Results|Previous Month Poll Results]]</u>

[[File:Featured Top Ten List.png|link=Top 10 list:2011: Game of the Year]]
+
:<small> [[Top 10 list talk:Battle of the Week|Suggest a Battle!]]</small>

:<small> [[Special:CreateTopList|Create your own top list!]]</small>
==[[Top 10 list:2011: Game of the Year|Game of the Year]]==

:<small>[[Project:Top 10 lists|Previous results]] {{*}} [[Special:CreateTopList|Create your own top list!]]</small>

</div><br style="clear:both;" />

</div><br style="clear:both;" />
Line 70: Line 51:

{{w:Wikia Gaming Footer}}

{{w:Wikia Gaming Footer}}

__NOTOC__ <!-- This removes the table of contents -->
+
<nowiki>__NOTOC__</nowiki> <!-- This removes the table of contents -->
__NOEDITSECTION__ <!-- This removes the section edit links -->
+
<nowiki>__NOEDITSECTION__</nowiki> <!-- This removes the section edit links -->
  +
|}
</pre>

+
:::{{unsigned|Sam Wang}}
  +
  +
::::The main pages use special wiki tags to columnize the page to allow for Wikia's ad placement in the top right. The columns are set to roughly 70%/30%. The other page you listed uses Wikia's pre-set column templates; [[Template:Col-begin]], [[Template:Col-2]] and [[Template:Col-end]]. You can change a column's size by changing the width attribute in the style parameter. For instance, to set up a table with two columns of equal size, you'd want to use <code>!style="width: 50%"|Column info here</code> for both of them. [[User:Rappy_4187|Rappy]] 07:18, February 11, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 20:58, 18 October 2016

Forums: Index Support Requests Column Widths
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2717 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is it possible to change the widths of columns? I noticed the column widths are not balanced on the main page but when used on another page, the widths change. What causes this? - Random-storykeeper (YELL AT IT) 00:33, February 4, 2012 (UTC)

I suggest you look at the page source for w:c:nitrome:Portal:Games. If you're counting the right side-bar as a column then it really isn't that the columns are balanced, it is just that one page has columns that match the width of the side-bar more closely than the other. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8 Feb 2012 5:00 PM Pacific
Oh, what I meant was that on the Wiki's main page, the right column is narrower than the left. I want that to be the case for the games portal, as having the columns balanced isn't looking that great. Is that possible? - Random-storykeeper (YELL AT IT) 06:38, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
Try changing the whole source to:
Sam Wang's block of code

Refresh
Suggest a featured article!

Purge for new featured media

Suggest a Battle!
Create your own top list!

__NOTOC__ __NOEDITSECTION__

—This unsigned comment is by Sam Wang (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.
The main pages use special wiki tags to columnize the page to allow for Wikia's ad placement in the top right. The columns are set to roughly 70%/30%. The other page you listed uses Wikia's pre-set column templates; Template:Col-begin, Template:Col-2 and Template:Col-end. You can change a column's size by changing the width attribute in the style parameter. For instance, to set up a table with two columns of equal size, you'd want to use !style="width: 50%"|Column info here for both of them. Rappy 07:18, February 11, 2012 (UTC)