Community Central
Community Central
(Could you run a test for us Finchelfanno1? Thanks!)
No edit summary
Line 14: Line 14:

::::Fandyllic is exactly right. This issue is part and parcel of the issue at [[Forum:Common.js]]. In fact, this is the primary issue for those wikis where the ''Common.js'' problem is occuring. As for me, I’m still getting most of the JS goodies because I’m loading them via ''global.js'', but that leaves everyone else on the wiki out of luck. And, we’re all stuck with no Ajax auto-refreshing RecentChanges (not the greatest loss), but to have every table, etc., be fully opened with no <tt>[hide]/[show]</tt> buttons is just plain annoying. That leaves those of us on those unfortunate wikis having to use ''Monobook'' just to avoid seeing open tables and boxes everywhere. Alas, there has been no further updates from Wikia staff in the past two days. <sigh> This thread should perhaps be merged with [[Forum:Common.js|that thread]]. Thanks! — '''[[w:c:admintools:User:SpikeToronto|<font color="#DC143C" face="Garamond" size="3">Spike</font>]][[w:c:admintools:User talk:SpikeToronto|<font color="#000000" face="Garamond" size="3">Toronto</font>]]''' 3:37AM EDT, June 18, 2011

::::Fandyllic is exactly right. This issue is part and parcel of the issue at [[Forum:Common.js]]. In fact, this is the primary issue for those wikis where the ''Common.js'' problem is occuring. As for me, I’m still getting most of the JS goodies because I’m loading them via ''global.js'', but that leaves everyone else on the wiki out of luck. And, we’re all stuck with no Ajax auto-refreshing RecentChanges (not the greatest loss), but to have every table, etc., be fully opened with no <tt>[hide]/[show]</tt> buttons is just plain annoying. That leaves those of us on those unfortunate wikis having to use ''Monobook'' just to avoid seeing open tables and boxes everywhere. Alas, there has been no further updates from Wikia staff in the past two days. <sigh> This thread should perhaps be merged with [[Forum:Common.js|that thread]]. Thanks! — '''[[w:c:admintools:User:SpikeToronto|<font color="#DC143C" face="Garamond" size="3">Spike</font>]][[w:c:admintools:User talk:SpikeToronto|<font color="#000000" face="Garamond" size="3">Toronto</font>]]''' 3:37AM EDT, June 18, 2011

:::::Hm, that does seem to track with when the Show/Hide vanished at our place. I guess I'll keep watching the forum, then. [[User:TR|TR]] 13:58, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
+
:::::Hm, that does seem to track with when the Show/Hide vanished at our place. I guess I'll keep watching the forum, then. [[User:TR|TR]] 13:58, June 18, 2011 (UTC)

{{ri}}Spike, the Ajax auto-refreshing of RC page works for me. {{User:Finchelfanno1/SigSubst|03:01 pm,Jun/18/11}}

{{ri}}Spike, the Ajax auto-refreshing of RC page works for me. {{User:Finchelfanno1/SigSubst|03:01 pm,Jun/18/11}}

:Hi Finchelfanno1! You might want to read my latest (ridiculously long) post at [[Forum:Common.js]]. It seems to depend on the wiki, your operating system, and your browser. Do you mind telling us what OS and browser you are using? Also, does the AjaxRC and collapsible/uncollapsible work for you at [[w:c:admintools:|Admin Tools Wiki]] (ATW)? To check the latter, go to [[w:c:admintools:Category:Requests for unblock|Category:Requests for unblock]] at ATW and report back whether all the boxes/tables are collapsed (the outer one is labelled ''Information for Administrators''). Thanks! — '''[[w:c:admintools:User:SpikeToronto|<font color="#DC143C" face="Garamond" size="3">Spike</font>]][[w:c:admintools:User talk:SpikeToronto|<font color="#000000" face="Garamond" size="3">Toronto</font>]]''' 2:14AM EDT, June 19, 2011

:Hi Finchelfanno1! You might want to read my latest (ridiculously long) post at [[Forum:Common.js]]. It seems to depend on the wiki, your operating system, and your browser. Do you mind telling us what OS and browser you are using? Also, does the AjaxRC and collapsible/uncollapsible work for you at [[w:c:admintools:|Admin Tools Wiki]] (ATW)? To check the latter, go to [[w:c:admintools:Category:Requests for unblock|Category:Requests for unblock]] at ATW and report back whether all the boxes/tables are collapsed (the outer one is labelled ''Information for Administrators''). Thanks! — '''[[w:c:admintools:User:SpikeToronto|<font color="#DC143C" face="Garamond" size="3">Spike</font>]][[w:c:admintools:User talk:SpikeToronto|<font color="#000000" face="Garamond" size="3">Toronto</font>]]''' 2:14AM EDT, June 19, 2011
  +
  +
Hello, checking back in on this issue. Any idea why ShowHide has vanished? I see some common.js has solved the problem. Not our wiki, though. [[User:TR|TR]] 21:16, June 29, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 21:16, 29 June 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Collapsible templates have stopped working
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4677 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello. The navboxes at http://turtledove.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Turtledove_Wiki were collapsing up until about a week and a half ago. Now, they don't give you that option. I didn't change any code before the changes, although I have subsequently done so, including following the advice here.

Any help would be appreciated. TR 16:11, June 17, 2011 (UTC)

You've got a syntax error. Add one slash / to the very beginning of MediaWiki:Common.js, and it should work again.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  16:14,6/17/2011 
Thanks, but unless I put the slash in the wrong spot, that didn't seem to take....TR 16:36, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
Where did you get your JS from? Maybe you're suffering from the problems described in Forum:Common.js. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 17 Jun 2011 3:59 PM Pacific
Fandyllic is exactly right. This issue is part and parcel of the issue at Forum:Common.js. In fact, this is the primary issue for those wikis where the Common.js problem is occuring. As for me, I’m still getting most of the JS goodies because I’m loading them via global.js, but that leaves everyone else on the wiki out of luck. And, we’re all stuck with no Ajax auto-refreshing RecentChanges (not the greatest loss), but to have every table, etc., be fully opened with no [hide]/[show] buttons is just plain annoying. That leaves those of us on those unfortunate wikis having to use Monobook just to avoid seeing open tables and boxes everywhere. Alas, there has been no further updates from Wikia staff in the past two days. <sigh> This thread should perhaps be merged with that thread. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 3:37AM EDT, June 18, 2011
Hm, that does seem to track with when the Show/Hide vanished at our place. I guess I'll keep watching the forum, then. TR 13:58, June 18, 2011 (UTC)

(Reset indent) Spike, the Ajax auto-refreshing of RC page works for me.  Finchelfanno1 (talk / contribs)|03:01 pm,Jun/18/11 

Hi Finchelfanno1! You might want to read my latest (ridiculously long) post at Forum:Common.js. It seems to depend on the wiki, your operating system, and your browser. Do you mind telling us what OS and browser you are using? Also, does the AjaxRC and collapsible/uncollapsible work for you at Admin Tools Wiki (ATW)? To check the latter, go to Category:Requests for unblock at ATW and report back whether all the boxes/tables are collapsed (the outer one is labelled Information for Administrators). Thanks! — SpikeToronto 2:14AM EDT, June 19, 2011

Hello, checking back in on this issue. Any idea why ShowHide has vanished? I see some common.js has solved the problem. Not our wiki, though. TR 21:16, June 29, 2011 (UTC)