Community Central
Register
Community Central
(New page: {{Forumheader|Support Requests}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please use Special:Contac...)

m (Collas(ible|ed) => mw-collaps(ible|ed).)
Tag: apiedit

(7 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

I made a collapsible div set and table on a [[User:Fandyllic/Sandbox2|user subpage]] according to [[Help:Dynamic navigation]] and they both don't work. I also looked at [[MediaWiki:ShowHide2.js]] which is imported by [[MediaWiki:Common.js]] and the code there doesn't seem to match the sample code in [[Help:Dynamic navigation]].
+
I made a collapsible div set and table on a [[User:Fandyllic/Sandbox2|user subpage]] according to Help:Dynamic navigation and they both don't work. I also looked at [[MediaWiki:ShowHide2.js]] which is imported by [[MediaWiki:Common.js]] and the code there doesn't seem to match the sample code in Help:Dynamic navigation.

Either way, Community should probably be using [[w:c:dev:ShowHide]] code since it is maintained. The Community JS code might be based off [[w:c:dev:ShowHide2]] which has a notice that it should not be used.
+
Either way, Community should probably be using [[w:c:dev:ShowHide]] code since it is maintained. The Community JS code might be based off [[w:c:dev:ShowHide2]] which has a notice that it should not be used.

Can any JS gurus look at the Community ShowHide2 code and see if it is broken? Or, if not too busy look at the JS code in [[Help:Dynamic navigation]] also?
+
Can any JS gurus look at the Community ShowHide2 code and see if it is broken? Or, if not too busy look at the JS code in Help:Dynamic navigation also?

Can anyone get the collapsible divs and tables to work on Community? Am I just doing it wrong? --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 22 Jul 2011 9:27 PM Pacific

Can anyone get the collapsible divs and tables to work on Community? Am I just doing it wrong? --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 22 Jul 2011 9:27 PM Pacific
  +
  +
:Collapsible tables were specifically exempted from Oasis on community in one of the JS pages here. [http://c.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:Collapsible_divs_and_tables_broken_on_Community%3F&useskin=monobook They still work in Monobook, though]. {{User:Monchoman45/SigReal|20:08,7/28/2011}}
  +
  +
::Do you remember the reason? --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 28 Jul 2011 1:21 PM Pacific
  +
  +
:::No, I don't believe one was given. You can see at the top of [[MediaWiki:Common.js]] that Oasis is excluded on purpose. {{User:Monchoman45/SigReal|20:29,7/28/2011}}
  +
  +
I remember doing that, but I dont remember why, but there probably was a good reason at the time. I've switched it to use the main one (thats updated), and removed the oasis check. The examples seem to work now. /shrug --[[User:Uberfuzzy|Uberfuzzy]]<staff /> 01:28, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Code from Help:Dynamic navigation ==
  +
Collapsible frame:
  +
  +
<div class="NavFrame">
  +
<div class="NavHead">Title</div>
  +
<div class="NavContent">
  +
Hideable Content
  +
</div>
  +
</div>
  +
  +
Collapsible table:
  +
{| class="toccolours mw-collapsible"
  +
!colspan="2"| Title
  +
|-
  +
| Column 1 || Column 2
  +
|}
  +
  +
== New test ==
  +
  +
{| class="mw-collapsible"
  +
! Header A !! Header B
  +
|-
  +
| Row 1A || Row 1B
  +
|-
  +
| Row 2A || Row 2B
  +
|-
  +
| Row 3A || Row 3B
  +
|-
  +
| Row 4A || Row 4B
  +
|}

Latest revision as of 20:56, 18 October 2016

Forums: Index Support Requests Collapsible divs and tables broken on Community?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2717 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I made a collapsible div set and table on a user subpage according to Help:Dynamic navigation and they both don't work. I also looked at MediaWiki:ShowHide2.js which is imported by MediaWiki:Common.js and the code there doesn't seem to match the sample code in Help:Dynamic navigation.

Either way, Community should probably be using w:c:dev:ShowHide code since it is maintained. The Community JS code might be based off w:c:dev:ShowHide2 which has a notice that it should not be used.

Can any JS gurus look at the Community ShowHide2 code and see if it is broken? Or, if not too busy look at the JS code in Help:Dynamic navigation also?

Can anyone get the collapsible divs and tables to work on Community? Am I just doing it wrong? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 22 Jul 2011 9:27 PM Pacific

Collapsible tables were specifically exempted from Oasis on community in one of the JS pages here. They still work in Monobook, though.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  20:08,7/28/2011 
Do you remember the reason? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 28 Jul 2011 1:21 PM Pacific
No, I don't believe one was given. You can see at the top of MediaWiki:Common.js that Oasis is excluded on purpose.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  20:29,7/28/2011 

I remember doing that, but I dont remember why, but there probably was a good reason at the time. I've switched it to use the main one (thats updated), and removed the oasis check. The examples seem to work now. /shrug --Uberfuzzy 01:28, July 29, 2011 (UTC)

Code from Help:Dynamic navigation

Collapsible frame:

Collapsible table:

Title
Column 1 Column 2

New test

Header A Header B
Row 1A Row 1B
Row 2A Row 2B
Row 3A Row 3B
Row 4A Row 4B